Mj helped heal ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
legalize_freedom said:
I wish she would have smoked a little, her brother always offered, but Jesus wouldn't let her:(
:confused: I think JZ gets a lot of crap/credit for the "rules" middle management makes up as they go. :holysheep:

Having never been a Connoisseur of the different strains of MJ, I can only say this about MJ for the treatment of migraines....

To treat a migraine you have to change the brain wave pattern quickly. The natural way to do this is to go to sleep and wake up again. Picture in your mind how your computer can just get all locked up and the only way to get it to do anything is to shut down and reboot. Thats what sleep does for a migraine. The problem is it's pretty hard to go to sleep with severe pain. Without going into detail about my personal journey....... I'd say give the person suffering the most intense couch lock knock out pass out dope you got..... put them to bed with a cold damp cloth on their head.... black out the windows and turn off the noise and get the hell out of there.

Don't be fooled into thinking it's like a really bad headache.... a migraine is much more akin to a stroke than a headache. The damage it causes in the brain may or may not be apparent to a layman in cognative ability, behavior, or physical symptoms, but it's really really easy to spot on a MRI or CT Scan. The good news is that contrary to popular assumption - if you can cut down the damage and severity of migraines, most of the lesions can and do repair themselves over time. The bad news is that no doctor or neurologist I ever met helped me.... they just stressed me out more, drained my wallet and milked my insurance co for every test known to man.

I got help from my opthomologist who gave me a xerox copy of an article about 6-8 years ago. I wish I could say I still had the copy of the article.... it was very empowering as it gave me permission to take on some of the responsibility for the triggers that resulted in migraines. Basically the article said that a migraine can often be triggered by a persons thought process and that if we can change our reaction to stresses or triggers, we can limit the number of attacks that escalate to debilitating headaches. We all have heard the saying - change your thoughts and you change your world. Well that's not just hippy mumbo jumbo new age crap talk. Those words have legs.

No need to go on further as sharing my personal journey MIGHT give someone else just enough information to be dangerous to their loved one who suffers. But I will just end in saying that doctors don't really give a crap and I don't have a lot of respect for the medical field as a whole. They have perpetuated a fraud and taken hostages and baffled us with ** and blinded us with brilliance. There is little motivation on their part to raise up their hands and admit they can't fix migraines - when a Topamax injection and a trip to the doctor can help put a dent in the mortgage payment.

Rant over.

Daily low dose use of any med grade weed is enough to help keep ocular pressure in check. This does nothing to help with middle age vision loss but it seems to help keep the permanent vision field loss associated with glaucoma in check. My step mother does the drops every night to treat her pressure. I smoke a joint every evening. SSDD.

To all this is good positive feed back. I would like to find the link to the site that has all the medicinal remedies that mj helps with. It would be nice if we could have a stickie dropped In our medicinal area, as reference to the healing abilities of mj. I think docs call it their test placebo's and they use that as data to prescribe meds, under the supervision of pharmacutical scientist. Who knows we mighy have some docs and pharm scntst, open their minds a little, after seeing positive data. Thanks to all

RAR check out Granny Storm Crows site, it is linked here in the Medical section of MP. I think it's probably the biggest database fro medical mj on the web. I know that I could spend days there the last time I checked it out. Lots of info!

OHC I think my moms migraines must have been stress related, because she doesn't have them nearly as much as she did when us boys were around. She had her hands full raising boys, working 2 jobs, and going to college, we were very poor, and she was doing it all on her own. I do know what you mean about being more than just a headache...I've never had one but, the pain for my mom was so severe that she would sometimes vomit from it.

My name is Art and I'm a marijuanholic. I'm happy and I live in peace.

Me too, to both Art, but my name is not Art.

I use MJ for Insomnia due to Arthritis. It eases the pain, it helps the eyes stay closed. I am fortunate that I live in a Medical MJ state. I also recomend the "Storm Crow" links.

I would like to think it helps with my seizure disorder.

On the subjust of migranes, I've recently learned that they are classified in the seizure family now. Quite interesting for sure.

The only headaches I suffer from are tension headaches, and a rambunctious 5 yr old. :p

SmokinMom,

As much as we all love our children, do you think the rambunctious 5 year old might have something to do with the tension headaches? I know the kids weren't the only stressors, but a lot of the time it was closely related. But even with all of the stress, I still would keep them. It is correct that our children are our blessing to cherish, mold, guide and then turn loose of. And the hardest is to turn loose of them.

great smoking.

:giggle:

Oh yes. This one's a stinker. However, I woke with the headache and hadn't seen him since last night. I'd sell him if I could. Any takers?

:rofl:

Just kidding, I think. :p

Latest posts

Back