mouse manure/organic co2 enrichment?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

intellenoob

Reaction score
would a small pet w/ a high metabolism be good for co2 enrichment? would its poo be good for manure? or would the risk of pests be too high?

The only reference I've found for using rodent manure is to use it as a "starter" for compost.

Collection of the waste might pose a challenge..... ok, here's one....here's another....oh..here's one....

Don't let this get you down however, remember, when the chips are down, the buffalo is empty.

Sorry, a little manure humor...

For some reason mouse pooh gives me the heebie jeebies... I can shovel and till cow, chicken and horse manure. I don't mind running my fingers through worm castings and bat guano when I'm mixing up my soil but one sight of those little pooh pellets puts me on edge. I guess I saw "Willard" too many times...

At a grow location years ago we had corn seedlings that were coming up from the hydroton in our ebb n flo table. We were miffed until a few days later when we noticed a hole chewed in a bin my buddy kept some feed corn in. It was a farmer mouse! I suppose he was stashing some chow for another day but a mouse trap got in his way...

Peace!:cool:

Man, ppl never cease to amaze me with the ideas and concepts posted on here. Its no wonder I have trouble staying abreast of all the new techniques and tricks, with all the ppl trying new things. But I'm with Dirty and Hick on this one....EEEWWWWWW and not sanitary.

Latest posts

Back