Mr.Wakenbake's 1k+ grow show 2008

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually like the funky leaves. Cant wait to see updates

Last night, i checked pH of the plants runoff and soil. Runoff is 6.5 soil ph i 6.7.I actually found my ph tester last night, and was able to make sure the yellow blotches i am getting aren't ph related. However i do know what they are from. Feeding my babies with the lights on, or watering with the lights on. Splashing water on your babies when the lights are on causes burn marks like you see on the plants. This watering i made sure to move the plants to feed so i didn't splash em.

Anyways, i promised an update so there it is. Enjoy the pics, the plants are doing awesome, hope you folks like em.

Oh and to update the weird leaves on the one direwulf. It only happened to two leaves, and it seems to be growing out of the weirdness. ANYWAYS, ENJOY.

plant update 8-9-08 001.JPG

plant update 8-9-08 003.JPG

I don't know whats causing you the problem but someone else will come along hopefuly... Ph is good... Nutes are good... Wered..

I odered the HomeBox XL and some beans...

I know what it is man....I splashed water and nutes on em in full on lights in the room. THis last feeding before those pics were taken i was alot more careful and moved the plants to feed/water. ANyways thanks for stopping by KGB.

Mr.Wakenbake said:
I know what it is man....I splashed water and nutes on em in full on lights in the room. THis last feeding before those pics were taken i was alot more careful and moved the plants to feed/water. ANyways thanks for stopping by KGB.

That sucks bro... At least you figured out what went wrong... Have a good day buddie..

Ive noticed the water burns too. I think the light gets magnified in the bubble and burns the leaf or the water itself heats up and causes the damage. It doesn't seem to hurt them much though, they look good otherwise,
puff

edit: I just give them a little shake after watering to get rid of most of the splash's

update coming saturday evening ..... plants are doing great. Going to build a new veg area this weekend and pot up the plants to 5 gal bags. Shouldn't be long and i will flip em.

Lets say...... 3 weeks from tomorrow. I will flip the lights and we will start the show.Anyways, this weekend i will post up pics of everything as it happens.

Anyways just thought i would keep my thread from being lost in the shuffle and give a mini update.

Plants nodes are extremely close together and after some minor pinching have all started to push out strong side shoots.

Plants are beginning to look like they should.

I made this same post on my other home.(i didn't feel like retyping)

It is time for an update on the new grow. Needless to say this is an exciting update for me! So... I go into the grow area today, and start taking closer looks at my plants, I am checking for bugs on them for whatever is happening to a few plants with some minor chlorosis. I have a feeling the medium i grow in is witholding some calcium from the plants and i have watered today with my metanaturals calcium supplement and some water.

All plants needed water again today , waterings are needed every 3 days or so now , which is down from about every 5-6 days. Now, on to the good news!!!!

So, I was looking at some of the plants, particularly a ROMULAN x DB that was looking a little pale, and has been a hungry plant right from the go, so i go get a stronger grow nutrient for a singular feeding as the plant looks to be using all the water and nutes i can give it, whilst the others are happy as hell with what i have been doing and dosages of feed i have been giving. So, the ROM x DB got a watering with some dynagro veg nutrients, at low strength this watering.... everything else just got the plain water with the meta's calcium, wich has a 0-0-0 rating.

Anyways, upon closer inspection looking for bugs....( i found a spider by the way), I also found PREFLOWERS!!!!WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!The plant is a GIRL!

Upon FURTHER inspection of the room, i began to realize alot of plants were showing sex.

Out of 11 plants total in the room , so far i have

Females- 1 x BC SweetTooth(marked "B")
2 x Afghanica x DB ( beautiful oily looking plants by the way)
1 x Romulan x DB
4 out of the 11 so far are females

Males- 1 x BC SweetTooth("A")

5 out of 11 plants have shown sex.So far , the female to male ratio is on the positive side. starting in the next week i will begin to put the male in 12 hours darkness to gather some pollen when he's ready.

The Sweet tooth's are amazing looking plants, with identical structure and great coloring, The male has tinges of purple on some of the leaves. I will be cooking up some crosses to make with the pollen i collect.

how about ... Sweettooth x Rom x DB? Or, Sweettooth x Afgahanica x DB

The sweet tooth female i have is already a candidate for a mom, she's just got shoots beginning to come from everywhere... Anyways, i have written a book already. Check out the pics.

IMG_1396.jpg

male sweettooth.jpg

IMG_1397.jpg

IMG_1401.jpg

IMG_1402.jpg

IMG_1667.jpg

IMG_1669.jpg

IMG_1670.jpg

IMG_1671.jpg

Looking good buddy minus the spider issue... Good luck on the flowering... Good Night..

DID ..... i mention that spiders eat BUGS?

SPider is staying, even if they creep me out .:)

The plants are showing sex man but i haven't flipped the lights dood.
plants are on 18 hours of daylight a day. 600w for the veg.

These are preflowers.

Flowering won't begin for a few weeks, once i establish some clones and get the veg box going. Thanks for dropping by.

"Anyways, upon closer inspection looking for bugs....( i found a spider by the way), I also found PREFLOWERS!!!!WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!The plant is a GIRL!"

Nope don't see it buddy. People in spder afobia.. Your like girl.lol j/k...What are ya up to this friday night?

Nothing man, just chilling here and on 420genetics man.
Got to work tomorrow, so i figured i 'd update tonight. Tired as heck man, worked alot this week. Balls to the wall man.... all the time.

Mr.Wakenbake said:
Nothing man, just chilling here and on 420genetics man.
Got to work tomorrow, so i figured i 'd update tonight. Tired as heck man, worked alot this week. Balls to the wall man.... all the time.

It's the weekend your suppose to rest..lol.. Oh ya & smoke alot. lol
:)

I got some Colubian Gold from Doc and some Afgan Kush plus some Thai...
I am not having any luck with the Thai germing... So I baught from Doc....:D

I am letting the beans soak over night in water and then I'll try the Zip bag again...Thai not going to beat me.lol

put em in a warm spot

put em in paper towels , damp of course in a ziplock and on top of a source of heat. Computer tower works real well.
If that don't work, then take some high grit sand paper to the edge of the seed to thin the coat. Then retry. If that don't work,hell i dont' know what to tell ya .

I have had bad luck with germing seeds this time. But since i now have confirmed females it's time to start a couple moms, and get the pertetual started.

If the sand paper don't work, try just throwing em in a glass of water for a couple days.I know i am supposed to rest, but i need the $$$$ man, it's tight this month round here. Kid going to school, bills i don't normally have.. all kinds of stuff. So ... i got to.

Mr.Wakenbake said:
put em in a warm spot

put em in paper towels , damp of course in a ziplock and on top of a source of heat. Computer tower works real well.
If that don't work, then take some high grit sand paper to the edge of the seed to thin the coat. Then retry. If that don't work,hell i dont' know what to tell ya .

I have had bad luck with germing seeds this time. But since i now have confirmed females it's time to start a couple moms, and get the pertetual started.

If the sand paper don't work, try just throwing em in a glass of water for a couple days.I know i am supposed to rest, but i need the $$$$ man, it's tight this month round here. Kid going to school, bills i don't normally have.. all kinds of stuff. So ... i got to.

I have three Wild Thai in water and three Columbian Gold in another glass container soaking. Indoor grow bibble states "24 hours" soaking... Bag seed germs quicker... The Buddha Cheese and the Bubble germed with out a problem... Oh well try until figure out what y a did wrong.lol

Thanks buddy.

Latest posts

Back