Mr.Wakenbake's 1k+ grow show 2008

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From seed they are grown in 1 gal bags. then switched to 5 gal bags.
I have a feeling that i will remain in 1 gal bags for the perpetual though as they won't have any veg time ... root then flower. period. They won't veg but in the humidity dome once i do what i want to do ..moms will be kept in 1 gal bags as bonsai type plants... small as possible.

I have generally transplanted once from seed.

From clones, i wont' transplant at all.

Why do ya not transplant with clones? Worried about stressing them?

No . it's just that their root systems are not that advanced by the time they are done flowering. Thew will literally go from root to flower. NO veg period , or little veg period rather. maybe a week or two in the clone box but no more than that.

With a perpetual it's more about constantly harvesting then it is having huge plants. The plants won't get rootbound from clones in the 1 gal bags as a plant from seed would that was in flower or at the same level of growth as the clone plant. The differences in size of the root systems between a clone plant and seed plant by the time each is ready to go into flower is huge . The clone has a much smaller root mass.So therefore less grow media is needed.

Mr.Wakenbake said:
No . it's just that their root systems are not that advanced by the time they are done flowering. Thew will literally go from root to flower. NO veg period , or little veg period rather. maybe a week or two in the clone box but no more than that.

With a perpetual it's more about constantly harvesting then it is having huge plants. The plants won't get rootbound from clones in the 1 gal bags as a plant from seed would that was in flower or at the same level of growth as the clone plant. The differences in size of the root systems between a clone plant and seed plant by the time each is ready to go into flower is huge . The clone has a much smaller root mass.So therefore less grow media is needed.

Thats why that moon light didn't grow that big...

It's not that clone plants cant' get big or produce massive amounts of bud. It just takes vegetative time that i can't give em. Maybe they get a couple weeks in the cabinet but that's it. Anyways. I took 43 clones lat night. I am hoping for atleast a 50% success rate.

ANyways i will update with pics of the pruned plants and clones this weekend sometime. I won't take any more clones unless the Direwulf's turn out female.

I now have 6 females total plants from seed and 43 clones not rooted.

Everything is labeled and seperated and under the flo's. The plants were all flushed thoroughly last night on top of the clones being taken.

I will transplant the females this weekend to 5 gal bags.
I also will be flipping the lights as soon as i can see roots on the clones. ANY HELP KEEPING THE CLONES ALIVE FROM THIS STAGE OUT I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE!

Any help ....?

Anyways. Thanks for stopping by man.

Green Mojo

Good morning buddy... Hear is some mojo to help ya.lol

I was at the State Fair yesterday.. I had Margeritas all day.lol.. I'll post some pictures for ya

Lambo State Fair August 22,08.jpg

and about getting them to root- dont mist them to much, just a lil...the more water they pull through the leaves the more time it will take to root. warm rootzone will help. i dont use a dome, ive found they take longer to pop roots if you use one.

a cold wet enviro can cause a "stasis" in the clone and prevent them from rooting which can end up killing them. of course make sure the cuts dont form a scab and the medium stays damp but not dripping. i like HID lighting, works great for clones if the lumen content isnt extreme but flos will work as well of course.good luck brother!

LOL KGB is running around ppls threads posting his fair pics of like pigs and cars ?!?! LMAO!

DomsChron said:
LOL KGB is running around ppls threads posting his fair pics of like pigs and cars ?!?! LMAO!

SHARING IS GOOD.lol:eek:

Thanks guys ... Yo toa. Give me a call dood. Anyways, thanks for stopping in with the tips. I have wiped the domes out twice now and will again before bed. Tomorrow i will leave the domes off for a few hours and then i will begin to just put em on before bed or something.

ANyways thanks again yall. TOA hit me up dood.

Im going to hit the highway man... Time to get on my bike and ride for a while.
See yall later.

I took the domes off for about 2 hours today when i woke up. I went in there to check on em and they were wobbly to say the least. More like rubberized. Starting to get hungry for water it looked like.

I then misted the domes with water, and replaced them. Went back in about 3 hours later and they are fine again.

I about cried. So so far. the verdict is. A humidity dome is a MUST!

Lesson 1 - Don't leave the humidity dome off for more than a few minutes!
If i would of lost these clones due to that i would of cried.

lol lightly mist them is all you need to do....you will get the hang of it im SURE.

you too bombbud

Oh that wo uld of sucked buddy... Thank God ya figured it out..

I just went in tonight and sprayed the ladies down with epsoms salts and misted the clones. Mg def is hitting me during this extended veg period. After the flush this past week , I think they are beginning to starve for nutrients again. It's been about 3 waterings since the last feeding. Plus the flush.

I will give them a light bloom nutrient Monday when i feed and water.

Anyways. Just thought i would drop in . Pics to come tomorrow night sometimes.

Latest posts

Back