Multiple plants in Containers...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stonedwoodsman

Yes I Cannabis
Reaction score
Hi Group,
I have a rather basic question on container growing, that I'd like some input on.

I was wondering IF I could 'group up' my plants, with all of the sprouts (4 - 5" tall right now) that I am transplanting into pots this week?

Can I (successfully) put 4/5/6 plants into each planter pot?

I have many seedlings 50+ and not enough pots for "one plant per pot".
The size pots that I have are 3-4-5 gallon, some larger, and four which I cut from the bottom 15" of plastic 50 gallon drums, so they're pretty darn big!
I'd only put say, 2 plants in the smallest size, but more as they increase in size.

Can this be done SUCCESSFULLY, or is it 'cast in stone' that there must be only one plant per pot?

Please, give me advice & guidance here...(& Supervision, God knows that I need Supervision, )heh, heh, heh ;)

Thankx in advance
and for the rest of the 'Northern' Gardeners, COVER your crop tonight

FROST WARNINGS AGAIN!!! :eek: :holysheep:

Peace, Out,

StonedWoodsman...out cuttin' firewood today. :icon_smile:

Ive done this with great results..Didnt do well with diffrent strains in same bucket ..cause the strains all require diffrent needs...Best of luck too you

:48:

I have grown 2 plants to a pot without any real problems pilgrem but that be the only experience I have with it. I would imagin ifin they all have at least enough space to make their own root system at least size of a large grapefruit in area yual can make budd. But I am sure yual will get better answers then mine but good luck yur grow friend hope yual gets yur need ;)

BWD

I would say no. Different strains can have different nutrient needs. In addition they can grow at different rates and the smaller ones never get as much light as the larger ones and the problem just keeps getting worse as the plants get larger. Then there is the problems of what to do with the males. Why have you got so many seedlings going? That is a huge number of plants to take care of--especially for a new grower.

Latest posts

Back