My babies are in trouble. Overfertilization?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeyfits

Reaction score
I am a first timer. My ladies had a rough start. They started stretching. packed the stems and some of them are able to hold themselves up, others I am supporting with plastic forks. But there is another big problem. Some of these girls are very dark green and their leaves are curling under. I have read that the cause is over-fertilization. I did put some fertilizer on them about a week ago. It was Terra Cycle All Purpose Plant Food. From my reading this seems to be the problem, what do you think?

Here is what I am using:

600 watt Agro Max Metal Halide Conversion Lamp - about15 inches from tops

Miracle Grow Moisture Control soil

My strain is F-13

I am trying not to water them too much although it is hard to tell what is the right amount.

They are about 3 weeks old.

Here are my pics please help. What should I do?

My ladies 008.jpg

My ladies 009.jpg

My ladies 001.jpg

My ladies 003.jpg

My ladies 004.jpg

My ladies 007.jpg

how old are they?how often you water? for seedlings the distance of a 600w should be at 25''-26''(6500-6000lum)right now they are getting 18000-19000lum,strengthen stems by using a fan constantly to blow air gently

MG moisture control is prefertilized. You shouldn't add nutes until after 30 days at least. It's def nute related. Nothing but ph balanced water is needed at this stage. Plus with the MG soil, you could probably use str8 water until you decide to flower:).

bombbudpuffa said:
MG moisture control is prefertilized. You shouldn't add nutes until after 30 days at least. It's def nute related. Nothing but ph balanced water is needed at this stage. Plus with the MG soil, you could probably use str8 water until you decide to flower:).

what he said and when u start useing nutes onle give 1/4th strenth and work ya way up, and raise ya light up a lil more

They are 3 weeks old.

I raised the light a lil.

So if the problem is nute related do I need to flush with water, or should I repot with new soil? Or am I better off just leaving them b?

my personal opinion get rid of the MG and get Fox Farm Oceanic Forest organic soil. water every 3-4 days put them in 3-5 gallon pots, and forget about nutes and fertz all together for the next 3 months. also, raise the light and get a fan in there for circulation that leather look is a sign of overheating.

Fire it up

KT

no worries all will be fine in due time

mikeyfits said:
I am trying not to water them too much although it is hard to tell what is the right amount.

Doesnt look like nute burn to me, my vote is on overwatering.
Water when the top 2" of your pot is dry, its much better to underwater than overwater.

get Fox Farm Oceanic Forest organic soil.
You don't have to spend an arm and a leg for good soil. Find a very light soil mix, no sand based, with lime and you should be fine.

Back