my buddys grow box

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tokeup1

Reaction score
just went and looked my friends new grow box he built..basic 1/2 inch plywood walls and a 2x4 frame.. 3feet tall and two and a half feet wide. no hps and no mh lights at all. he is running 2 autoflowers at a time .and all that he is useing for light is one 2foot 4 bulb t5..and i must say that he is getting awsome results..no inlin fans or nothing..just two 6 inch wall mounted fans up near the top with 2 4 inch holes on both sides for ventilation..he did use mylar however to line the walls and roof of his grow box..his whole set-up cost him a little less than 380 bones..pretty sweet..

Your sure on a mission aint ya Little Brother?;)

mojo for your friend and his grow. i used all CFL's on my first grow. if done right, u will get beautiful fluffy nugs that will lack in weight. the quality if them as far as smoking goes can be top notch. u will just never be able to produce dense heavy nugs.

You need exhaust fans and some kind of intake. You cannot just move the same air around with oscillating fans. Your plants need a continual supply of fresh air all the time the lights are on for proper photosynthesis.

It is 2-1/2' wide, how long is it? I doubt that 2' 4 tube T5 is enough light for that space. Unless they are PLL bulbs, they only put out 2000 lumens each, 8000 total. You are still going to need 3000 lumens per sq ft for vegging and 5000 per sq ft for flowering.

Sounds like he basically boxed in his light.2 1/2 ft wide x3ft tallxlength of lightbulbs 2ft +/-.

Latest posts

Back