My first grown (indoor tent)

Jmax

Reaction score
4x4 tent. 6 inch incline fan with carbon filter. 600 watt led light for sprouting and veg, will update lights before flowering stage. So far so good. And I’m growing Purple Canyon (topanga x purple punch) I got from green point seeds. They ship extremely fast, highly recommended but they don’t have a lot of optional seeds to purchase. Ill keep y’all updated

Attachments

Reactions: gmo

Trfsrfr

Reaction score
Looks like you and I are in a similar boat.

I love gardening. There's nothing like growing and consuming your own crops, whether it be tomatoes or bud.
I'll be following this thread.
Man, all these pics of grow tents make me want to go take a peek at mine :)

Jmax

Reaction score
Sprouted last night after planting them Sunday morning. I thought one of them didn’t sprout so I planted another one just to found out it did sprout so now I’m growing 3, I ain’t mad.

Attachments

gmo

Ganja Farmer
Bud of the Month Grower
Reaction score
@Jmax Looks like you're off to a good start! What kinda soil are you using? Are you monitoring your pH going in? That temperature is ok for now, a little on the high side, but do you have a way to keep it a little cooler as you transition in to veg and flower? Same question for RH. It looks good for now, but you'll need to be able to get it lower in a few weeks. Just a couple things to consider for a successful grow. Remember, we all wanna see ya succeed, so if ya need any help just let us know!

Jmax

Reaction score
@Jmax Looks like you're off to a good start! What kinda soil are you using? Are you monitoring your pH going in? That temperature is ok for now, a little on the high side, but do you have a way to keep it a little cooler as you transition in to veg and flower? Same question for RH. It looks good for now, but you'll need to be able to get it lower in a few weeks. Just a couple things to consider for a successful grow. Remember, we all wanna see ya succeed, so if ya need any help just let us know!
I’m using fox farm soil (frog) and watering at a 6.3ph. My next step is investing in a portable ac unit soon. Thx mate

Jmax

Reaction score
I’m having problems controlling the heat level. I’m running my ac during the day (when it’s hot) keeping room temps around 75 degrees but inside my grow tent it gets up to 83 degrees. I got 2 fans running inside the tent but don’t seem to be doing much. Should I turn my incline fan on high or any suggestions?

gmo

Ganja Farmer
Bud of the Month Grower
Reaction score
Fans do not cool the air, they move the air around.
If your temperature outside the grow room is lower than inside the grow room you should consider turning the extraction fan to high to pull the hot air out of your grow tent, and open a duct to allow the outside air in to the tent.

Jmax

Reaction score
Fans do not cool the air, they move the air around.
If your temperature outside the grow room is lower than inside the grow room you should consider turning the extraction fan to high to pull the hot air out of your grow tent, and open a duct to allow the outside air in to the tent.
[/QUOTE

I get what u saying. I’ll try that out

Last edited:

Bubba

Reaction score
Extraction fan should either push the hot air from tent and out of room so it isn't recirculated and reheated, or the intake needs to be from cooler air outside the room tent is in. Best would be both. When you upgrade lights, your heat will go up substantially.

bubba

Jmax

Reaction score
Yeah I had to go back to the drawing board for a min. I got the air inside going out into another room and air coming in from vent ac. Temp went down to 79-78 which is not bad during summer with degrees reaching 95 outside.

Attachments

Bubba

Reaction score
Not bad temps for summer at all. Gotta do what ya gotta do. I
ve had a tent in a room with 600 watt HPS in the dead of winter, that rooms window OPEN,
and tent could hit 90 if you didnt watch. The room was a good 80.

Bubba

Bubba

Reaction score
Not bad temps for summer at all. Gotta do what ya gotta do. I
ve had a tent in a room with 600 watt HPS in the dead of winter, that rooms window OPEN,
and tent could hit 90 if you didnt watch. The room was a good 80.

Bubba
Problem was even with cold air coming in through window, the recirculation effect (exhaust into same room tent is in, as is tent intake) continued to heat room up. Solution? for winter, intake from cold air window, exhaust out of room to hall, which could use it. Either one gets me about there, both no prob. Summer, intake to tent is only 6" vent at floor, with 6' duct down stairs to cold A/C air, exhaust out window.

Bubba

ROSTERMAN

E= mc Im so stoned
Reaction score
What is your light time set for
hrs on hrs off?

ROSTERMAN

E= mc Im so stoned
Reaction score
OK that is fine for veg
How is the PH of feed water?
Are they all like this, could have a mutant

1625409107875.png

Bubba

Reaction score
OK that is fine for veg
How is the PH of feed water?
Are they all like this, could have a mutant

View attachment 274807
I sometimes keep the mutant. It's probably going to cost a little total yield but sometimes they are very interesting. I had a little stunted one, I kept it because it smelled different than the others, like you twisted an orange in half. Dried and cured, it smelled and tasted like orange pop. 2 hits ceases back pain and it smells delicious. Tiny yield, maybe 3/4 Oz.

Bubba

Jmax

Reaction score
I sometimes keep the mutant. It's probably going to cost a little total yield but sometimes they are very interesting. I had a little stunted one, I kept it because it smelled different than the others, like you twisted an orange in half. Dried and cured, it smelled and tasted like orange pop. 2 hits ceases back pain and it smells delicious. Tiny yield, maybe 3/4 Oz.

Bubba
I tried to top it or whatever u call it. Ima just let it grow for now on with a lil lst

Latest posts