my first growroom

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
give it 24/24 for best vegging, no less than 18/6

Yep,,,24 hrs a day vegg. I definitely dont understand the 16/8 time.

Because Ill be on a time of use meter ill save a lot of money. The dark period will be during the hottest part of the day so less AC and less power consumption during on peak. I grew 16/8 before and everything turned out fine. Plants do fine outside with out 24 hours of light. Ill do an experiment. Ill put half under 16/8 and half under 18/6 and see the growth difference. I cant see there being much of a difference though.

Your call Bro,,almost everyone on this forum will tell you to vegg 24hrs,,whats that tell you? But,,,to each his own.

Your call Bro,,almost everyone on this forum will tell you to vegg 24hrs,,whats that tell you? But,,,to each his own.

the worst that can happen is they will grow slower. I would love to do 24 hours but ill save a lot on power doing 16/8. since I'm just starting though ill do the first batch on 24hr light. the second batch ill do 20/4, and the third ill do 16/8. ill put it in my journal. I should really get on that. my seedlings are almost a week old.

Ill be watchen. Best of Green Mojo to yas.

yeah they will grow very slowly. vegging time is normally between 18 and 24 hours of light per day. doing 16, you are slowing things down a lot. growers are normally looking for plants to veg more to produce more

This kind of lighting schedule is going to produce tremendous amount of stretch with these plants. The cost savings will be traded off to the loss of yield at the end. This is being penny wise and pound(or ounce) foolish. But many people mistake stretch for growth and believe they are doing the right thing, but then cant understand why they cant get the yields that others get. This is just my opinion though :)

This kind of lighting schedule is going to produce tremendous amount of stretch with these plants. The cost savings will be traded off to the loss of yield at the end. This is being penny wise and pound(or ounce) foolish. But many people mistake stretch for growth and believe they are doing the right thing, but then cant understand why they cant get the yields that others get. This is just my opinion though :)

:postpicsworthless:

call me crazy but---you all are bickering over veg times (some only learn thru their mistakes) and the noob noobster doesn't even have his room dialed in yet---think we may have a case of putting the cart before the horse going on here---let's not overlook the issues he is going to have running atleast 2 different sizes of ducting---just sayin'

Noobster, did you check what the power usage for T5 lights would be in that veg closet instead of 3x600w? you might be able to cut down on power using T5s instead of lessening veg time. I didn't go and do the maths, but a general rule for HPS is no less than 50w per squared foot minimum for flowering. I don't recall the exact recommendation for best vegging but it's much less than that, look it up in the light section stickies. Do your maths properly and trying to step over the rules is like trying to break laws of science. as OS said, you have a lot more to dial in than just the vegging period. pics and more effort in explaining how everything is being setup will help experienced growers identify possible errors, and there could be a thousand of those unchecked

:postpicsworthless:

call me crazy but---you all are bickering over veg times (some only learn thru their mistakes) and the noob noobster doesn't even have his room dialed in yet---think we may have a case of putting the cart before the horse going on here---let's not overlook the issues he is going to have running atleast 2 different sizes of ducting---just sayin'

Whats wrong with 2 different size ducting? As long as you can do simple math its not difficult to figure out.

Whats wrong with 2 different size ducting? As long as you can do simple math its not difficult to figure out.

math is not my strong point---i just offering some suggestions to make your life a bit easier and you to have a tight room---you will also benefit from negative pressure in your rooms with the same size ducting----what benefit do you receive from using different size ducting???---what's the reason for different sized ducting????---same size ducting all around will prevent excess noise and over worked wear and tear on your inline fans

math is not my strong point---i just offering some suggestions to make your life a bit easier and you to have a tight room---you will also benefit from negative pressure in your rooms with the same size ducting----what benefit do you receive from using different size ducting???---what's the reason for different sized ducting????---same size ducting all around will prevent excess noise and over worked wear and tear on your inline fans

I wanted to spread out the cold air intakes across one side of my room coming through the floor. I went with two 8in in the ceiling for two air filters. There will actually be four 6in intake floor vents and two 8in exhaust ports in the ceiling. The lights will be on their own loop. since its winter I wont need the 8in exhausts yet. I will pull air out of the room through the lights and blow it into the house. cold air will come up through the floor vents to even the pressure.

Noobster, did you check what the power usage for T5 lights would be in that veg closet instead of 3x600w? you might be able to cut down on power using T5s instead of lessening veg time. I didn't go and do the maths, but a general rule for HPS is no less than 50w per squared foot minimum for flowering. I don't recall the exact recommendation for best vegging but it's much less than that, look it up in the light section stickies. Do your maths properly and trying to step over the rules is like trying to break laws of science. as OS said, you have a lot more to dial in than just the vegging period. pics and more effort in explaining how everything is being setup will help experienced growers identify possible errors, and there could be a thousand of those unchecked

I wanted to try out some t5s but it wasn't in the budget. I already had the 600's so ill be using them until I can afford t5s. I have a 2 foot 4 bulb t5 on the seedlings. I bought that for the cloner.

I'm gonna be changing the layout a bit. Ill be dividing the room in half for an even size veg and flower room with the door into the veg area. The pictures are of the flower side. the veg side will be a mirror of the flower room.

Latest posts

Back