My flower room

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PurpleSkunk

PurpleSKunk
Reaction score
Just cleaned up my flower room,im almost ready to get things rolling.

image.jpg

Room size: 6ft by 8ft room
Lighting: 400 watt hps
Clones: I think I'll run about 8
Dwc: cutting edge solutions
Micro veg bloom and some humbolt honey.
Water:tap
Fans:2

image.jpg

Welcome to MP.
I am worried about the amount of light you have for the space you have. You are going to need substantially more light for a 6 x 8 room. A 400W will effectively light about 9-10 sq ft of space. Lighting need are figured as lumens per sq ft. For vegging, you want a minimum of 3000 lumens per sq ft and for flowering, 5000 lumens per sq ft. Sp for a space that is 48 sq ft, you are going to need 240,000 lumens or 5 400W lights.

Eight plants will also be a lot for a 400W unless you want to do a sog type grow. I am curious about the flowering time you show on the Purple Skunk. I have a hard time thinking that a plant that is 87.5% sativa could possibly be done in 8-9 weeks.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Welcome to MP.
I am worried about the amount of light you have for the space you have. You are going to need substantially more light for a 6 x 8 room. A 400W will effectively light about 9-10 sq ft of space. Lighting need are figured as lumens per sq ft. For vegging, you want a minimum of 3000 lumens per sq ft and for flowering, 5000 lumens per sq ft. Sp for a space that is 48 sq ft, you are going to need 240,000 lumens or 5 400W lights.

Eight plants will also be a lot for a 400W unless you want to do a sog type grow. I am curious about the flowering time you show on the Purple Skunk. I have a hard time thinking that a plant that is 87.5% sativa could possibly be done in 8-9 weeks.
So how much more light do u think would be suficient for my area?
And as for the purple I couldn't tell u I took that off the net cause it goes with my name Purpleskunk it's just my sig👍.

If you need 240,000 lumens and you have a 400W HPS now you will need like 190,000 more lumens. Two 600W Hps leave you short 10,000 lumens so one 600W and a 1000W would give you 220,000 more lumens and put you at 270,000 total. Don't know what the budget you have looks like, but realize you will also have to address ventilation concerns with the added lumens. jmo

Ok so for a 6ft by 8ft shed ill need 240,000 lumens?
I'm gonna add 1 1000 watt hps to give me more lumens.
For the time being I can make the flower area smaller what square ft would best suit my 400 watt hps?

Ok so I just measured the inside its actually 5ft by 7 1/2 ft witch isnt much smaller I just want to know what the best size room suits my light at the moment for my 400 watt hps.

400W HPS =50,000 lumens. 50,000 lumens=10 square feet. 2x5 I don't like because of light spread. Maybe 3x3? That's what I would go with. jmo

Ok Kool Ty 3ft by 3ft sounds good ill what I can do👍.

Ok so I framed a wall to make the room smaller the room is now 4ft by 4ft.

image.jpg

Latest posts

Back