My now operating---LOWRYDER---

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ms4ms

ms4ms
Reaction score
:D growroom. I hope you like it but can offer constuctive criticism. It took me a long time to build as I move very slow. The HPS is hard-wired. I am really tasking myself as I have 5 afghans in the veg side as you see with cfl's. I am going to go with my hps 24/7 with lr's and I hope i can keep the afghani's in veg while the lr's do there thing and I hope my electric bill won't give me a heart attack!!! ANy suggestions on light distance when I put those llr's in the hotbox??? I can't believe the difference between hps and cfl's.

DSCN0384.JPG

DSCN0385.JPG

IMG_0063.JPG

IMG_0064.JPG

Looks like a good setup my friend. It depends on how many watts your hps is as to how far you should keep the plants away from the bulbs. I am running a 400 watt hps and I keep the plant tops about 12 inches away from the bulb itself and have never had any problems with burning the tops. The hps system will make those babies take off. It's so much better than cfls for growing. So many more lumens and penetration.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress. Take care and be safe my friend.

is a 250 watt bottle of sun. I can't believe the way the growroom looks. Anyway I will put these baby llr 2's in my hps box when they are few days old..right? full hps lite 24/7...right? The other pic is of my afghans that are only about 10 days old and look so healthy. I hope i can kep it that way. Thanks for the input.

IMG_0033.JPG

IMG_0060.JPG

IMG_0035.JPG

When you put the babies inside with the hps, start them with the light a good distance away to start. You will need to harden the plants up to that strong of a light. Other than that, I wish you the best of luck. Keep us posted my friend. Take care and be safe.

Ahh Looks good. Good Luck :) What are your dimensions of both rooms..

as you can see I was a little coss eyed when I made the first little wall. The veg room is 25"deepX24"wideX36"high and the veg room is 27wide same depth about 25 0r so and 46" high. I already know the veg is to small for the next size pots, but I will make it work.Thanks for the comments as it does make one feel good about their efforts.

i am not a fan of ply wood.. sounds like lots of wires, plugs and wood in a small space. Please make sure you have taken every precaution for fire proofing your area. Otherwise everything looks great GL

I already have 5 afghans going in my veg room. I know this isn't many but enough for me.TODAY< I will put my llr's(5-femmed) that have just broken ground in the flower side with the hps. These little baby's will be about 16" aaway from the lite(250 hps) until they harden up. Is this far enuf to start with?I do not want to cook my llr's or should I try and filter the lite?? I will collect pollen from the afghani's and dust maybe two of my llr's. Does all of this sound good?? My timing is very tight with llr's going into lite now with my afghanis around 10-14 days old, they will have to be kept in veg while the llr's are finishing.While the afghani's are finishing there thing in flower, I am haresting the llr's and will plant 2 femmed snow whites and some free skunk seeds from chronic in the veg room and more llr's in the hps room.whew, this is almost work:hubba:

I really think your set up needs a sea of green production man. Finish up your currents then save a mother for the veg room. Take cuttings from her and fill your flowering area every two months or so. you'd get a lot more yield out of your system that way.

Don't feel like you have to though man it is YOUR set up and your's alone. So do what makes you feel the best. peace!

You'd be surprised how much more veg production you would pull off with 6300k lumens. I'd definetely look into it. 6 x 26w 6300k's should be more than enough for a strog veg room.

that is exactly what I have in the veg room. I changed to 26 watts after the 6-42watter's created to much heat in the room.this is just my second grow and it is just started but I think I HAVE BEEN CONVERTED TO HPS. The actual light difference is amazing. It looks like the sun when I open that side of the box.I still await my electricity bill.:eek:

hey there ms4ms nice grow box and cute little ladies you got there :tokie:goodluck :peace:

Latest posts

Back