my timer is confused, about 1 hour light in dark period :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlesweedmore

Reaction score
my timer is confused and i realized that my hps was on when dark period.
i think it was running for about 1 hour. it happened only 1 time.

what will happen now ? will my plants be hermie ?

prolly not for an hour, i had a four hour booboo recently when a timer failed and all was fine. Let me guess, you were using one of those cheapo timers with the tabs or a dial? Me too :) Last time I made that mistake, a good digital one with a battery backup can be found at Walmart for like $8-10.

yes bro i use cheapest -made in china- timer.

i will upgrade my setting up with a contactor and a digital timer in this week.
i hope my girls will not be hermie .

i am sad as though i lost my son

thanks four your reply.

You're going to be okay... a bit of temporary confusion but not much...

I've never met a timer that I can trust... they're ALL pieces of sh*t! Many different digital timers have failed on me over the years... mostly their 'rechargable' battery function as they get stupid when they loose power. I've had pretty good luck with Hydrofarm digital timers that use a regular AA battery for backup... BUT you have to remember to change the battery every year or so to prevent these from doing the same.

All these failures have done is help me really keep my guard up... Whenever I'm available I'll routinely check to see if the timers are functioning as programmed, especially light cycles.

Latest posts

Back