My very first grow: help please!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
highguy69 said:
Hi everyone,
this is my first time growing and i want to make it a successful one.

here is my situation,

I have a t.v. box with two seedlings in it, with one 100W incandescent bulb inside, the boxes inside is wrapped with tinfoil and foil tape.

The seedlings are each about three inches out of the soil, and have about 10 leaves each, one seedlings leaves are turning yellow what should i do about that?

I am currently on a 16/8 light dark ratio, is this a good idea for the stage they are at?

all the help appreciated and wanted,
thank you very much,
-Highguy69
First time grower here, too. Things I have learned so far:

- using Reflectix instead of aluminum foil. Available at any home improvement store. Not having any hotspot problems (yet?), easy to work with;

- get a thermometer/humidity monitor. You should know what the temp and humidity levels are inside the box. You may have a temp problem (yellowing leaves). Increased humidity can somewhat mitigate high temps in the box. My box temps run from 90 to 101 degrees depending on the time of day (on an 18/6 cycle because of high ambient air temp here). The little plants are looking lovely so far. Humidity is about 60%;

- they will start to smell soon - what's the plan for that?

- all of the above - CFLs instead of incandescent. They generate heat, heat, heat. You need to deal with it. You also need air circulating in the box;

- the very bottom leaves, which look unlike the others, will yellow and fall off. There are 2 of them on each plant and they were the first leaves to appear above the soil. They have a name, but I forget it.

Your best luck has been finding this site. There are many, many knowledeable people here that are willing to help.

You really need to go to the Resources section and start reading. When you finish there, read the Stickies at the first of the forums. There is far more to growing mj than just throwing a seed in the dirt and putting a light bulb over it Most of us here that grow have spent hundreds (if not thousands) of hours studying, reading, and planning in preparation for growing.

Those little leaves you describe are supposed to fall off. Those are the very first leaves to grow; they're the cotyledon.

hi im new here so i hope this is ok. i think it varies with each plant. if your plants are over 6 weeks old you can start to feed them a low dose of fertilizer. i always use something like a 10/10/10 but never full strength at first. thats what works for me.

if you plan to grow you should get serious about it and research your situtation to get the best results

highguy69 said:
lookig for an answer?

any time now that the cotylendon has fallen off..that first set of leafs are the nutes/fertilizer for the firat few weeks of life..wich is between 4-6 weeks from sprout..what kind of fertilizer you plan on useing? start Low and work up

when they start to flower it will be easiest you'll see white pistils on the females at the nodes around 6 weeks and you'll see male pre flowers about 4 weeks they look like lil bannanas males are usualy bigger as well what im learning is that more light more females more nitrogen more females run with that and good luck

Latest posts

Back