Name The Movie Game from a picture.............. Lets Play

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What Horror movie was this Big Hit
1704980040156.png

Had several friends that got stationed in Korea. They said the first thing you did in a bar when a "gal" walked up to you and asked you to buy them a drink was to do a package check.
Must have been a good while after I was there. Never even heard of that during my tour.
One aspect of the culture shock though, was two guys walking along the street holding hands.
Not gay dudes...just good friends, and it was a cultural norm for them at the time.
Took this old small town country boy aback a little bit when I saw the first ones. lol

I was greeted with M-16-armed ROK soldiers boarding public buses looking for infiltrators, ceramic holes in unisex bathroom floors, and what we called Kimche Cabs - small 4 door taxi cars in a country with rough roads and ZERO SPEED LIMITS.

It's considered in poor taste to refuse an offer of food from a homeowner, and when sitting in the proximity of another, you had to be careful not to point the bottom of your shoe at them, as when crossing your legs, or propping your ankle on your knee.

I found the Korean people to be kind and warm - even as they were living in near-abject poverty at the time, in a country under Martial Law. That was years before Park Chung Hee's assassination.

https://seoulistic.com/korean-culture/culture-shock-in-korea-why-you-might-feel-uncomfortable/

Latest posts

Back