Nearly six foot plant that is waaaay too tall to support buds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honeybear

Reaction score
so its been a few months since I last made a similar thread on this plant:
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35262

the plant almost looks the same, I will post more present pictures shortly, but basically the plant has a lot of thick, lush foliage in the top 3 foot while the bottom half is kinda lacking in anything except for a few stray leaves. The plant is also much taller.

I currently have the plant under an HTG supply CFL lamp so I have fixed the lighting problems, its doin just fine... except that its scraping the top of this lamp hanging from the ceiling. I really want to bud this plant but the grow closet with the HPS bulb that I have is way too cramped to allow this plant to grow fully.

Is there any way for me to perhaps "chop" this plant down? I really dont want to lose all the foliage in the top half and be forced to wait for it grow back again as the root system is beginning to outgrow the considerable pot size its in. I can only think of a few alternatives: salvage some clones from this certified female plant and make do with that, just flower it and hope for the best in a cramped closet (as the closet is only a bit larger than the plant itself, the plant will need a lot more space once it starts fully flowering) OR as suggested in my prior thread chop the half down. I am hesitant to chop as I fear that is very stressful for the plant and may kill it.

Please HELP!!! I am so ready to bud this plant as my growing situation has improved greatly.

This advice was given 12/10/09 http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showpost.php?p=374738&postcount=3

Should have taken his advice then, why did you wait even longer?

Your plant might survive a chop, the reason there is no foliage down low is you need more light, even with your new light its not enough.

Chop and LST your only options unless you just take some clones.
Just keep it for a mother plant.

Latest posts

Back