need a new extraction method

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sMACkaddict

Señor Member
Reaction score
I have a bunch of trim from harvesting and want to prep it for making weed edible stuff (food, candy, anything else). Normally, I would just make a bunch of cannabutter but I have had issues with it getting moldy before I use it. Also, I won't necessarily be making something that requires butter so I don't want to be too limited by the extraction method.

Given that, any recommendations on an extraction method that might suit my needs?

thanks

Are you having trouble drying it and getting the mold problem?

Rose, I’m not sure but I took it to mean his butter was getting moldy....when I make butter, I pour it into cupcake papers about 3/8” thick...When they harden up in the fridge, I fold the papers around them and store them in a Tupperware and put’m in the freezer...just take one or more out at a time to use and they keep a long time...for me and the wife, a dose is about a quarter of one puck...

I swear by rosin. I don't care how much you winterize or vacuum purge, I believe butane and alcohol still leave a footprint. I am 100% solventless with rosin.

And, Dabpress just came out with a new press and it is totally portable.

https://www.dabpress.com/products/dp-bj6t35-hydraulic-rosin-press-kit

I am pretty sure they offer free worldwide shipping. A giant bonus. And they use express shipping so it's not 3 weeks arriving. One guy said he got his from China to Canada in 4 days. Their customer service is next to none.

I can get you a discount code and everyone gets a free gift.

Doesn't get any better than that. LOL

dabpress-dab-press-machine-rosin-heat-press-plates-kit-weselltech-tuopuke-all-in-one-rosin-press-impact-4-min_1024x1024.jpg

I may just have to have some rso tested because it better not have any residual alcohol in it. Usually the alcohol has tiny bubbles that disapate while warming on the coffee warmer. They all leave after a short time. I was sure that was the residual alcohol burning off. Shoot, i don't want to give away a gram to test. lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ll test a gram for ya Rose...Oh, you want actual numbers...sorry my bad...lol

I have a vacuum chamber and a vacuum for this very reason. Yes it helps with the filtering process, but my extract will make very clean shatter with no residue, I had it tested.

I think I just kinda assumed you need some pro level tech to get economical yields with rosin. I will def look into that...

Rose, like 2RedEyes correctly guessed, I was talking about the actual butter getting moldy. I think I just left it in the fridge instead of freezing it... The process for RSO is along the lines of what I was imagining I would end up doing, have you tried making rosin?

Hackerman... that press is enticing... what kinda discount we talkin? :)

So I asked my friend who taught me how do this form of FECO and here are her tests results for the alcohol.
37715268_2130251720586442_4891970580527448064_n.jpg
37715268_2130251720586442_4891970580527448064_n.jpg
37782176_2130252237253057_3482699314294161408_n.jpg

Attachments

• 37785694_2130251327253148_373204848109158400_n.jpg
    37785694_2130251327253148_373204848109158400_n.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 49
MAC, yes i have played around with a press that my husband bought us. It makes me cough pretty good. I love it for a night time hit but i haven't enjoyed it as much as a joint for my daytime stuff. And, my chocolope makes lousy rosen? It is still stuck on the paper. lol. My papaya is great, but like i said makes me cough.

I'm sure 267.8 PPM is totally safe and is a totally acceptable amount of residual solvent for most people. Just not me.

Same reason I grind my own wheat to make my own flour to make my own bread.... after being a screaming alcoholic and eating pizza and sub sandwiches from Capri Pizza at 3AM for 30 years. LOL It's just part of my issues. Pay me no mind. LOL

@sMACkaddict I'll check and see what kind of discount I can get.

it is about the amount found in vanilla my friend said. I need to have none in mine too. I will have mine tested too. I get it Hackerman. I am a little nuts about food too. I will pay you mind. lol

I'm sure 267.8 PPM is totally safe and is a totally acceptable amount of residual solvent for most people. Just not me.

Same reason I grind my own wheat to make my own flour to make my own bread.... after being a screaming alcoholic and eating pizza and sub sandwiches from Capri Pizza at 3AM for 30 years. LOL It's just part of my issues. Pay me no mind. LOL

@sMACkaddict I'll check and see what kind of discount I can get.
Considering you were consuming a million parts per million when drinking and it didn't kill you, I think it might be safe

Considering you were consuming a million parts per million when drinking and it didn't kill you, I think it might be safe

Actually, I think it did kill me. I'm just to stubborn to fall over. LOL

@sMACkaddict ... I checked with Dabpress and there are no cash discounts available right now. The free gift promo goes through the rest of July. They are also offering buy one get one free on some models. That's a great deal if the model you want is included in the promo and if you have a friend who wants a press also.

He also said there might be a cash promotion next month. Also, by next month, the presses should be in stock at Amazon in the US and CA.

Let me know if I can help.

Hackerman, what makes this Dabpress better than one homemade from a bench press?

Nothing, really. And, I assume you mean a shop press, not a bench press. A bench press is sideways and didn't work for me (or anyone else I know).

It depends on how DIY you are. For my DIY press I was able to have a friend drill the holes in the plates for the heaters and smooth the surfaces of the plates for me. If someone didn't have the ability to do that (and some other stuff) it might not make DIY an option. I made 5 DIY presses before I bought this one. The hair straightener and the other prototypes did not yield much but once I started making them right, the yield was the same as I get from the DabPress plates.

With all my others I needed a shop press. The thing I like about this new model (and a newer chrome model coming soon) is that it is tiny and portable. I can use it and then stick it in my closet. With the unit I use with my shop press, the press is a floor press and pretty darn big.

The DIY units didn't have nice temperature controlled PIDs like this one. I used a thermometer and a fan speed switch to control temps (which did work).

Sorry if I am talking it up too much. I have nothing in it and I get nothing for it. Just trying to help out fellow members with something I found to work really well from a company that gives good customer service. Is that wrong?

No, I don't care if you talk it up and I never insinuated that you were getting something. I asked a simple question, don't get so defensive.;)

I really didn't mean a bench press, but rather a bench shop press (as opposed to a floor shop press). I like how compact it is, but was just wondering if there is any real benefit--$469 is a whole lot of money to some people.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back