need a second opinion guys :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOMMYCHONG89

Reaction score
just wondering if you guys might have an idea as to why shes all droopy? my temps are 79 high, 72 low, 24 hrs on, 400w mh vented sunshade hood, no nutes thus far, as she shows no signs of lacking them, my medium is ffof, only thing added was a small amount of garden lime, and a little perlite. my water is r/o ph is right at 6.8, any advice helps, this is the styart of my second indoor groiw, thanks in advance

IMG_1968[1].JPG

oh yeah, i recently treated with neem oil for fungus gnats, treated at 1oz per gallon.

Should looks kinda like either she's under watered or over watered...Did you water her well? Drainage holes for run off?

yes i watered slowly too, she is in a 1 gal pot, i used approx 1/2 gal to water and have done nothing since except mist her a little, there are plenty or air holes, this is a store bought 1 gal pot.

Soil looks dry but i cant tell, if the pot is really light it needs water.

Is the pot really heavy ????? like above posts mentioned over or under watered can be the cause of this how long has it been in that pot
what i think has happened is some how you effected osmosis so my bet is soil is really wet, and staying wet causeing no oxygen to root zone also effecting gas exchange
another option is carefully depending on how long they bin on pot lift plant out of pot and look to see if roots are becoming root bound
i think that is your problem plant is root bound

no the plant has only been in this pot for about 2 weeks, it was in a mountain dew can, as you can see in the background up untill 2 weeks ago, the pot is moist and heavy, i can tell by lifting it.

If it didn't dry out and its not root bound then she is over watered. I use 1gal pots all the time and my veg plants never need a half gallon of water. 2 16oz solo cups max in veg with 1gallon pot, and I get water coming out of the bottom every time.

yeah...I use a 16 solo cup for 1 gallon pots

sure looks ike she is drowning...let her dry out ...bone dry..and with ffof no need for nutes for 6 weeks...she looks nice and green

take care and be safe

good practice is to go from them mountain dew cans transplant to something 2 times it size then up i think plant could have transplant shock as well
i never really liked watering plants as many do drain to waste or just giving them to much water root zones need to breath plant in that pot i would give probably 1 cup of water every 4 days - 5 days MJ likes dryer conditions rather then to wet
you could also if you got more ffof is do another transplant might speed things up for you cause root rot comes to mind if soil is to wet
just carefully dig out plant and re plant it into another pot but don;t add water the water in the soil surrounding the roots will expand into the dryer soil

I would be willing to bet that the container just doesn't drain very well, especially if it has the dish made onto the bottom to hold water. That is the bad thing with the decorative containers, they aren't always made to best serve the plant but rather they are made to look good with the plant in them. They are ok for most house plants but MJ is very demanding of just the right conditions to do right.

For the next set coming out of the cans, I would get either nursery containers or the smart bags that allow for good aeration.

i think i pulled a noob move, before i went to bed i re checked the container and it was light, and felt very dry, so i watered again, using a 20 oz mountain dew bottle, she perked right up over night, i think there must have been a dry spot the last time i watered.

Latest posts

Back