Need Advice - Grow Tents/dark Rooms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EasyLiving29

Reaction score
Been researching and have been interested in purchasing a dark room to put in my attic. After everything I have read there are a lot of mix feelings in the grow world on which tents to use.

ADVICE NEEDED:

1.) What grow tent company should I favor (money not being an issue...if I'm going to do this I want it to be right)?
2.) I am running a 400 w HPS from HTG. I WILL be purchasing the cool tube to help with heat issue. What size will hold 4-5 plants comfortably?
3.) In addition, can links be provided for companies that carry the product and prices.

ALL HELP IS APPRECIATED!

Thanks

becarefull their is scam sites , or maybe called in another way a 1month delivery or after talking to your bank your money will get back after investigation , dont go to any site unless you search by google if its a scam , ive tested this in google i typed http://www.hg-hydroponics.co.uk/ scam ?
and i got alot of people complaining

my setup i got it from progrow and its fast delivery :D

5 plants ? what kind ? lowryder2 ? or the wide ones like golden malawi's?
Dr120 can do 8 lr2's without alot of squeezing
but maybe 4 golden malawi's however if you use unstressful bendz tool to bent the plants upwards you can do 6 with dr120 tent that is 120cmx120x200
unstressfull bendz tool

Well, honestly I am using bag seeds LOL. My last grow was GREAT!!! And it was sativa mostly but not sure what kind. Took about 16 weeks. With that being said...using those left over seeds again right now but will be purchasing some quality seeds for the tent after all is complete with installing and supplies (fans etc).

Thanks for the info on scamming...I had a feeling some sites were with phrasing of descriptions etc.

Thanks for the bend tools info too INTERESTING

I am in USA where are you?

im in the other side of the world , in Asia , btw , check my setup
this is a temperary light setup , im waiting for my 400watts light.
this took me about 2 hours to set all up with the wireings and everything , you need 2 redbull cans to focus on everything so you dont do something wrong or drop something , but me on hanging the lights all was bad except the last one which i just hanged because the last one i can modify the height easily , the rest i must open it up again lol maybe 30 minutes ... but for now im leaving it until my plants grow 2 - 4 inches more.
the bend tools i never used them , i checked the site and it got me an idea of wide plants ;) on making them like a devil's wand

Looks good keep me posted as I will you on my research....THANKS for the info for sure!

I have 2 Secret Jardin 'Darkroom' tents and love them. Very high quality all the way around and lots of vent holes so you can change your set-up if need be.
As far as what size to get, that will depend on the method you decide to grow your plants/strain/etc. I started my first grow in a 5x5x7 tent and had 5 or 6 plants in 7 gallon soil bags under a 600. There was plenty of room for them from side to side, but not for me to be in there too. :farm:

I've been looking at the SJ's and have read nothing but good reviews on their product. I have ordered some dwarf seeds to try out and see what I get with my closet set up under the 400 w hps/ bubbler method.

I have one plant in soil at the moment in 5 gallon bucket and one plant in a 5 gallon bubbler and 6 seedlings on 6 gallon bubbler. Still tweaking some things before I get new seeds(using bag at the moment).

By the end of the summer I want to be up and running with the new set up in the attic. How is the heat and other issues if any? I am very interested in their product and would love to hear your pros and cons.

Thanks.

Whichever setup u get make sure there is no pvc liner they are toxic for u and will kill your plants...

Homebox makes some great tents and r the best imho))

good day

EasyLiving29 said:
I've been looking at the SJ's and have read nothing but good reviews on their product. I have ordered some dwarf seeds to try out and see what I get with my closet set up under the 400 w hps/ bubbler method.

I have one plant in soil at the moment in 5 gallon bucket and one plant in a 5 gallon bubbler and 6 seedlings on 6 gallon bubbler. Still tweaking some things before I get new seeds(using bag at the moment).

By the end of the summer I want to be up and running with the new set up in the attic. How is the heat and other issues if any? I am very interested in their product and would love to hear your pros and cons.

Thanks.
I used a 6" Vortex to vent an air-cooled hood and had no problems, even when temps outside reached high 90's my tent was at about 80-83 with air coming in from under the house. I added a second 600 and another Vortex for my second grow and temps were about the same. Since most tents are designed for one hood, when I added the second light I also put solid aluminum rods inside the metal crossbar tubes that the lights hang from, and they made it pretty solid. Just a thought if you ever feel like expanding :hubba:

No cons really that I can think of except maybe that a tent restricts your overall height by about a foot. If you can deal with that then by all means...:)

i never thought about the temp. factor outside of tent. Being that the attic gets HOT that may be an issue with the transfer of air....interesting...i will keep you posted as i venture further towards this

By 'outside' I mean outside my house just to clarify. I bring air into my grow room thru a crawl-space entry and have carbon filters in my room that lead to my fans that exhaust up into the attic.
If you are drawing air directly from your attic to your tent, you will have heat issues IMO. Your ambient temp in the tent is always going to be higher than your 'make-up'/fresh air so start with the coolest air you can within reason.

Dr. Manny Bowles said:
By 'outside' I mean outside my house just to clarify. I bring air into my grow room thru a crawl-space entry and have carbon filters in my room that lead to my fans that exhaust up into the attic.
If you are drawing air directly from your attic to your tent, you will have heat issues IMO. Your ambient temp in the tent is always going to be higher than your 'make-up'/fresh air so start with the coolest air you can within reason.

this is what i would have said, my best friend works in A/C and he said the same thign to mw yesterday

Latest posts

Back