Need advice on a decision...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ishnish

Nug Lover
Reaction score
I currently have 8 ladies in flower, there 38 days into flower(5.3 weeks).

I know it's not long to go til they're finished. but... they're in anywhere from 5 to 10 cubic "Inches" of soil.. and they've been rootbound for some time.

AND

I have five 5gal buckets ready to go(save for light proofing).
along with 5 well rooted specimens of cannabis waiting under flouros...

So. the decision in my consideration is....
Quit playing House, cut the ladies in the dirt, get the buckets into action, and see some real buds...

hmm... after spelling it out for myself... i think I've made up my mind..

tomorrow, it will begin.

Thanks MP!!
:bong1:

pics my brother pics! Check your trichs, Take it from someone with a ginsu soul. Wait. Now if your trichs are where you want them ....chop! But i'm telling ya i've chopped early and i've waited. Patience!

oh, my bad. it's in the seed stash blast link in my sig. skip to page 4

Ok still got a bit to go. Some closer pics would help but i still see alot of white hairs, it looks as if the buds are still forming. What do they scope at? Got a way to check your t-chromes?

you're going to veg the 5 gal lady's under that main light first i take it?

if not, and you're going to bloom with the new ones quickly, can't you make some sort of shelf or block the old ones up along the outside till they finish while the 5 gal ladies start bushing out?

you should have enough room/time to finish them before the 5 gal gal's get too big.
**nevermind, just checked your link.. probably be a bit tight for that :(

the chef said:
Ok still got a bit to go. Some closer pics would help but i still see alot of white hairs, it looks as if the buds are still forming. What do they scope at? Got a way to check your t-chromes?

sorry for the poor pic quality, my good camera took a **** on me a few months ago.
trichs on one are 4sure ready, but that's not my main concern.
my thinking is, by cutting these ladies down now, the ladies in the five gallon buckets get a 3 to 4 week head start.

kaotik said:
you're going to veg the 5 gal lady's under that main light first i take it?

if not, and you're going to bloom with the new ones quickly, can't you make some sort of shelf or block the old ones up along the outside till they finish while the 5 gal ladies start bushing out?

you should have enough room/time to finish them before the 5 gal gal's get too big.
**nevermind, just checked your link.. probably be a bit tight for that :(

yeah, space is an issue, but it is a sound idea if i can get it all jigsawed in there. and yes, i'm planning on a 3 to 4 week veg in the 5gal along with some LST

If you do take them down early get some bubble bags and run them for hash...shld still be able to get some good hash off them....

ishnish said:
yeah, space is an issue, but it is a sound idea if i can get it all jigsawed in there. and yes, i'm planning on a 3 to 4 week veg in the 5gal along with some LST

i dunno man, i wouldn't bother with that idea then if you're going to change the light cycle (for 3 weeks then back) on the old ones.. probably just asking for trouble there ;)

whats your hurry? Why can't, or don't you want to wait for these girls to finish? The last 2 weeks is when most of my buds really pack it on. Do what ya want man...but you've got alot of time and work invested in those girls to not let them go a couple more weeks.

kaotik said:
i dunno man, i wouldn't bother with that idea then if you're going to change the light cycle (for 3 weeks then back) on the old ones.. probably just asking for trouble there ;)

good point. thanks. can't believe I didn't think of that factor..

legalize_freedom said:
whats your hurry? Why can't, or don't you want to wait for these girls to finish? The last 2 weeks is when most of my buds really pack it on. Do what ya want man...but you've got alot of time and work invested in those girls to not let them go a couple more weeks.

i suppose some patience wouldn't kill me...
I was just thinking that, because they're rootbound in such small pots, it's be wiser to switch up to the 5gal's asap so as to yield more over time...
but I guess it'd also be wise to wait and see what these girls do so i'll have a better idea of what to expect from their clones... which are the ones in veg at the moment..

thanks for the input and advice LF, kaotik, HL, & chef.

Wouldn't hurt to bump them up to a bigger. I've done it with 2 weeks left. Buds built up and resin really packed on!

the chef said:
Wouldn't hurt to bump them up to a bigger. I've done it with 2 weeks left. Buds built up and resin really packed on!

guess i should of bought some dirt when i had that thought about a month ago... now i have no dirt and no money for dirt for a couple weeks. :eek:
suppose i could make some calls and see if a nearby friend has some extra to spare..
i do have two bigger plants with a good amount of soil i should hold out for too..

Latest posts

Back