Need Computer Help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonJones

Reaction score
What I'm asking for is very simple if you know how, but I'm at a loss to even know where to begin, so I'll just start from scratch.

What I am trying to do is to "capture" my signature from a piece of paper, convert it to a transparent OVERLAY and store it so that I can sign letters and/or other documents BEFORE printing them instead of havinbg to print, scan and then store or transmit the documents. The reason I want them ot be in a transparent overlay is so that if the area to sign in is smaller than my signature, it will look just like I signed over top of the "box" on the original document.

I'm NOT good at using any of the imaging software, like paint, picasa or any of HP's imaging software. I even have difficulty cropping, rotating or even removing red eye from photos.

I'm running VISTA Home Premium and what ever embedded imaging software it has, Picasa Version 3.6, Build 95.25 and Open Office as well as Office 2003.

Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Great smoking.

Which word processor do you use? Here's a procedure for Winblows Word:

hXXp://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,1204832,00.asp

Most procedures I've seen involve a similar procedure: scan signature and scale it to fit the need.

Art,

Is Wiblows Word the same as windows Word?

Also, does that procedure let you get rid of the background in the scan and let you overlay it on top o0 fthe original document or image?

Sorry to hear about the cold down there. We're having just the opposite here in NE Washington.

Are snook really good for anything except catching and either releasing or throwing out? Not trying to be funny, just curious.

i would say to get the signature spot on you would need to scan on to your pc and then photoshop it to get rid of any dark areas, and yes winblows is the same as microsoft word art is just against all things windows i am assuming haha

DonJones said:
Art,

Is Wiblows Word the same as windows Word?

Also, does that procedure let you get rid of the background in the scan and let you overlay it on top o0 fthe original document or image?

Sorry to hear about the cold down there. We're having just the opposite here in NE Washington.

Are snook really good for anything except catching and either releasing or throwing out? Not trying to be funny, just curious.

Sorry, yes, Microsoft Word. I believe when you place a graphic (a scan of your sig), it overlays (covers) the background. It shouldn't matter if you have a signature block - a blank space for a signature. I would think you could do the whole thing in Paint - sign, save and past into Word. The legalities of an e-sig are another matter, I'm sure you realize.

We're doing ok in the cold, unfortunately the wildlife is not set up for it. Neither are my autos growing in the garage :hubba:.

Snook are among the best eating fish in the gulf. Very limited season on them and there isn't much you'd rather have on the end of your pole :hubba:.

You could always fire up charcoal barbecues in the garage and both warm it up and supplement the CO2 at the same time.

I knew snook were a highly prized sports fish but didn't realize that they were good food fish too. Maybe I'm thinking of bonefish for sport but not eating, or maybe tarpon -- I forget.

I know a faxed document is valid and I was told that e-signed documents where a captured valid signature was just as valid as a hand signed one. I know if the captured in is of high enough quality, it is impossible to distinguish a faxed scanning from a faxed pasted signature. I know that scanned, stored and electronically transmitted documents are fast replacing hard copies in commerce. For example, my sister's trucking company has here scan all of her paperwork at the various terminals and o0nce the scanning is confirmed, throw the hard copies away.

Anyway, thanks for the link. I'll try working my way through the instructions in the article and see what happens. I was thinking there was a special step to convert the signature into a transparent overlay so that the white background wouldn't block out part of the document or show a different shade than the document.

If any one has any more information, please share it.

Great smoking.

tester,

I'm not anti windows as much as anti microsoft. But then again I'm not a fan of
Apple either because their greed and ego left us mostly stuck with Microsoft and PCs because they wouldn't license anything so they had complete profit and control.

Thanks.

Great smoking.

Latest posts

Back