Need finishing touches

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

can of ownage

Reaction score
i just need some finishing touches on some information. i understand alot of the hydroing and all that good stuff and decided to go ebb and flow when i get the chance to ( moving to a new place ) and since im new to hydro i wanted to know a couple of things along the lines of the pump and ppms ph levels and timers.... the technical things r the things i dont understand. stoney if u get a hold of this thread could u tell me what pump and stuff u use and just give me a quik terminalogy along with basic information like what is the optimum ph level during veg , flower , etc?what is ppm exactly? what pump do u use in your set up ( which is kickass btw). im looking to change my growing medium along with my residence. i know the whole money talk but imjust looking for information to understand everything so i can make my personal better judgement on things.thanx guys:D

you need a ph of 5.5 to 7.0. Make sure not to change the ph with chemicals too often, it could damage plants. You can safely allow ph to drift between 5.5 and 7.0 without problems.This change is an indication that your plants are absorbing nutrients properly. PPM is parts per million. So, 300 ppm is 300 parts per million. Good luck!!!

I won't say I disagree w/ bombbud.... but a ph from 5.4-6.4 is the maximum range you would normally want in any hydro system. You do not want to do drastic chemical changes... just like changing ph in a fish tank... but checking daily and adding a couple drops of up or down then mixing it in good won't hurt anything.

just wanted to know what ppm really means in terms of the water and growing....does ppm mean XXX prts of nutes per million molecules or what? i mean im kinda really lost and imma google this but idk id like it better if u guys explained it to me that way i dont have to indirectly apply this stuff for THIS purpose u know?thanx guys

ok nvm im sorry lol just watched the posted video and that answered alot of questions.... but raised a couple more....whats the ideal ppm for a vegging cannabis plant?whats the ideal ppm for flowering? the ideal ph is always the same right?other than that anything u guys think i should know about hydro would be appreciated...please remember im COMPLETELY new at this so...yea.. thanx again guys and awesome vid btw thanx:D

Latest posts

Back