need help with my indoor hydro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Im a first time grower and my lady came out very good but i just learned that i need to flush the plant.. how can i do this without spending a lot of money??

well that depends on what stage u are in on your grow if you are flowering and about to harvest you need to flush meaning give only reg adjusted water no nutes at all for atleast that 1 week period some people go longer on the flush up to 2 weeks but you should be fine by flushing for just one so 1 week before harvest only give water they also make products such as final phase from advanced nutrients that will work in a few days to remove all chemical traces of the nutrients hope that helps if not shoot me a pm happy to help with anything

I have nothing to add bigrob said it all,thanks,how about some pics?

Flushing is when you pour 3-4 times your container size of pH'd water through your plant. This is generally only done if you have nute overload or salt build up. Many people do not flush and simply do as Bigrob said and simply quit giving nutes when you get close to harvest. This is different than flushing.

chillinintx503 said:
Im a first time grower and my lady came out very good but i just learned that i need to flush the plant.. how can i do this without spending a lot of money??
You don't need to flush. It's a very popular myth. Flushing is only needed in soil grows when the soil has an overload of nutrient salts in it as a result of over feeding.

In hydro, flushing and nutrient deprivation is silly.

Or, you can go along with the popular myth and do it anyway.

IMHO, if any of the flushing disciples were to be tested using a double blind test, the flushing myth would be put in the rubbish bin where it belongs.

Please, no flames from the disciples of flush.

Latest posts

Back