Need Help With Setup Please Help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JLpr

Reaction score
Hi I am building a new setup (see the pic) I will full cover the area with cardboard and I will paint it with flat white paint. I also have 3 cfl 100e each bulbs.My question is I have a 6 inch fan I want to know where can I set it up and how many holes do I need to open? and where.Thanks!

photo (11).jpg

First, welcome to MJP. Lots of useful info and friendly people here. FYI I am an indoor and outdoor grower, I grow small amounts, not more than 10 plants usually.

Cardboard? Are you sure?
First, you are going to want a HID lamp at some stage. HID + cardboard can equal house on fire.
Second, you will be watering plants ... cardboard + water = a mess.
1/4 plywood would be a better idea. You could locate the fan at the bottom, drawing cold air in, and push it out the top via a vent, you'll need a carbon filter unless you choose a low-odour strain.

I did not understand, sorry. What is a low odour strain and a carbon filter.

Each strain has a degree of smell while growing especially flowering. Some strains can actually sink up your whole house. An exhaust can be connected to a carbon filter which helps decrease or eliminate the smell.

how tall is that space.like leafminer said your gonna need some kind od carbon filter.because it is really gonna get stinky

Ventilation and light control are number one, especially if you are flowering in the same space. You will need to make vent baffles to keep outside light out and allow air in. I would keep the inside white and water resistant, that way you can just wipe up excess water. If you flower be sure to keep all light out because you will get herms. I have some at the moment due to a pinhole size light leak. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back