Need help, yellow spoting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello ZRD

Can you supply a bit of info on lights used, how far the plant is from the light etc? looks like it's burned from being too close to the light, but I could be way off.

Plant looks to need transplanted too.

I saw foil and makes me wonder what you have for lights. It made me think it was burn from wet leaves and light, compounded by the foil. A bright, flat white paint is preferable as it reflects light better than foil. Another consideration is the nutered soil causing nute burn and some would lean towards that direction.

sorry guys my comp to a crap on me. you helped me out though i was spraying the leafs with water and wasn't letting them dry all the way. thanks guys

zark_red_dragon said:
sorry guys my comp to a crap on me. you helped me out though i was spraying the leafs with water and wasn't letting them dry all the way. thanks guys

That will surely cause a problem. The containers also appear VERY small for the size of leaves you are showing. I can't see the plants entirley but judging from the leaves shown they are way too big for their pots.

Agreed.

Lose the foil. Foil is for cooking, which means it retains and then transfers heat.

Stop spraying with water

Get them into bigger pots. They really only need a couple of weeks in small containers before you transplant. You don't want the roots to be really wrapped tight around the bottom of the container. You want a good mesh that loosens easily when you transplant. Their roots are going to be pretty tightly wrapped, makes sure you loosen them well before transplant.

Good luck

Melvan2 said:
Agreed.

Lose the foil. Foil is for cooking, which means it retains and then transfers heat.

Stop spraying with water

Also agreed, if you just have to have reflective surface, go to your nearest hydroponics store and get a roll of Mylar, I just got a 4'x10' roll for $14.99! It's like a plastic sheet and doesn't retain heat, nor does it crinkle up easily like foil does; which shatters the light spectrum and often times weakens your light source's effectiveness... Although, if i'm not mistaken, this is one of those prefab little grow cabinets and had this material already in place, in which case don't worry about that, just quit misting... I wouldn't mist the leaves unless they're seedlings or new cuttings, week or two week old plants don't really need it unless your climate is ridiculously arid. Hope this helps!

Do you check PH? Id start there.

Its been raining on pot plants and others for thousands of years ++++++...it not that. Your light did not cause that problem...

Mylar is good stuff....might wanna get a digital PH meter as well.

Latest posts

Back