Need help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tool

Reaction score
Need to know what i need to get some plants started inside then put outside. I wish some would tell me exactly what i need and about how much it will cost and where to get it. I m growing two sativa spirit plants so i dont want a huge forlesent something small would be nice. Thanks

How about u tell us what "you" think u need for lights, and I'm sure someone will chime in to help. Your question is very vague, waaay more info is needed, like how many plants 100?

Hi there. Welcome to MP. This is a great place to learn how to grow mj like a pro. It's also filled with members that are more than willing to help out in any way possible. You have to be willing to learn the basics yourself. There is a vast amount of resources available on this site but you have to be willing to commit some time and read it. It would answer most of the basic questions that you have. The Resources tab at the top of the page is a great place to start. I wish you the best of luck and I hope to see you around the forums sometime soon. Until then, take care and be safe.

:yeahthat: ...Read...Read ..Read...start with the site rules ..and then I recomend the resources tab....then read all of "HICK" posts...then read all of 'TBG" posts..then I would read all of "PotBellys" post..then I would read all of "Dubbamans" posts...Just my .2:)

Tool said:
Need to know what i need to get some plants started inside then put outside. I wish some would tell me exactly what i need and about how much it will cost and where to get it. I m growing two sativa spirit plants so i dont want a huge forlesent something small would be nice. Thanks

The whole "Hydro" process can be horribly overwhelming. I'll try to explain the I00% new to growing, may very close attention to your

1. Lightsetup For my example, I will use the lumatek 600w. How do you do this? here.

1. Ballast
2. Reflectors
3.Cord
4. Bulbs

The ballast is the "powerhouse" of the light system. You can find it in 120v and 240v. It will come with a 120v power cable. You will also need a cord/socket for growing. Quite a few people like to just biuy package deals at. Say you want to run 1 600w seup. You will need the following.

1. Ballast (I like lumatek) The ballast is the backbone to the system. plan on spnding arounf 190 to 250

2. Reflector. In a light setup with the bulb hanging vertically, almost 30% of light is wasted.

3. Now what? Lets go to cords. You will want the hydrofarms 15' cord. Make sure it has a socket. Mount your reflector (do it in a way where you can see.

4. Bulbs - I've heard MANY mixed reviews, but at the same, I dont raelly care. Foro a 600w HPS bulb, you'll pay from 30 to 150 bucks. You cant run an MH on a 600w Ballast. They don't make bulbs for that.

Fadeux said:
4. Bulbs - I've heard MANY mixed reviews, but at the same, I dont raelly care. Foro a 600w HPS bulb, you'll pay from 30 to 150 bucks. You cant run an MH on a 600w Ballast. They don't make bulbs for that.
http://www.htgsupply.com/viewproduct.asp?productID=52453

:)

That's the one I'm planning to get for my 600w Lumatek.

Is the 600w Lumatek really not switchable? I didn't know that. I wonder why the 600w version isn't switchable but the others are?

Also will that bulb work on a 600w Lumatek?

Tool said:

I don't think that it is possible for someone to tell someone else exactly what they need. Each grow space is unique and has differing needs. You need to read, read, read. Assess your own conditions and come up with a game plan. I read for months when I was setting up my closet. When you have an idea of what you think you are going to need and have a working plan, come on back and run it by us. People here are more than willing to help, but there are sooooooooooo many options, that you kind of need to look at your own conditions and plan from there.

Latest posts

Back