Need Seed Advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flipd1

Reaction score
Greetings. I have complained once before about germination problems I had been having. Changed to Attitude and have had trouble with these seeds also...feminized seeds by Green House Seeds. Soaked some in water with heat pad, put some between paper towels also on heat pad.
(seeds after 5-6 days did begin to show the white root forming, BUT in never grows to a sufficient length to plant/doesn't pop out of shell) I feel I am getting crappy seeds again.
I have had seeds before that germinated in a short period of time with long tap root and planted ok. Anyway I am open to suggestions for breeders and banks that might be better for me. I HAVE BEEN TRYING EVERYTHING THAT I HAVE READ, HEARD, SEEN TO GERMINATE MY SEEDS. THANKS.

Papertowel wet between to plates left in my grow room be bout 83 degrees be poppin my seed every time in bout 4 days with nice long taproot. are yual handling them to much? Make sure yual mist the papertowel and be keepin it nice and wet. Hope yual gets it worked out friend.

BWD

Soak them in water for 24 hours or papertowel and plant them, we arent trying to grow a taproot at this time just soften the shell, on mine after 24 hrs some have the tap out of the shell some dont, all eventually grow. jmo

i think my last 70 seeds 66 or 67 have finnished flowering and been harvested.

I soak for a night and insert into medium, always get them to sprout. that sucks man...

I use jiffy peat pellets in the jiffy dome. You can get this setup at walmart. Follow the directions and you should be successful. I used femmed seeds from greenhouse seed company and had 100% success.

I do it Mother Natures way. Plant seed in growing medium, keep moist. +90% rate on germination.

Wow!! Bummer man. Sounds like you are doing everything right. I usually get white roots in two days and place root side down, into a rapid rooter, finally 3 feet from a 1000W. Within a few days, all but maybe one will take off.

pcduck said:
I do it Mother Natures way. Plant seed in growing medium, keep moist. +90% rate on germination.

I have better luck with rapid rooters because my soil is a bit hot and the seeds would fry if they went directly into the soil.

I have about the same percentage, no matter if I use rapid rooters, rockwool or soil. How I decide to grow dictates what I start with.

by Green House Seeds.

This right here is your problem...trust me. I and everyone I know that grows have sworn off buying from GHS, germ percentage is in the crapper. I've dropped whole wheels with none coming up, one wheel producing one sprout which turned out to be a STRAIGHT UP MALE.

IMHO, stay away, buy from reputable breeders!

edit to add, 4 of 5 of the Nirvana Northern Lights seeds I put in the towels have grown tails!

Roddy said:
by Green House Seeds.

This right here is your problem...trust me. I and everyone I know that grows have sworn off buying from GHS, germ percentage is in the crapper. I've dropped whole wheels with none coming up, one wheel producing one sprout which turned out to be a STRAIGHT UP MALE.

IMHO, stay away, buy from reputable breeders!

edit to add, 4 of 5 of the Nirvana Northern Lights seeds I put in the towels have grown tails!

Nirvana gave me a bum pack of Crystal and of Jock Horror. None of those ever sprouted and I haven't bought seeds from them for years.

DNA and Barny's Farm have been my favorite breeders of late, as far as consistent quality. I've tried many a Cali breeder and really like the buds because of the crosses being done....crosses that I would have done.

What sucks about GHS is that they are all fem'd. I hear all this talk against fem'd seeds on this site but the same people talk about their passed experiences with GHS. I never bought fem'd seeds for breeding or otherwise, from anyone and no one else should either. If a clone shot out bananas, I expected that may have been a fem'd seed and killed it off.

Balk!!!!!

All femmed seeds since I lost my initial clone-only strain. All femmed All sinsemilla :D., shantibaba had an article about how to increase your chances of females and I just followed them...except for the time. He said more nitrogen through young age, blues (Metal halide) only up till you flip and an 18/6 time schedule. With my last Jack47 grow I forego the 18/6 and switched to 24/7. Not one testi to show for it...

I just finished up 5 Chemdogs from GH seeds and had a 100% germ rate, and the smoke is excellent.

pcduck said:

WORD^^^^^^^

I've had the best results using used mix that has not been re amended. Great for freshly rooted clones too. I'll keep a 5 gal bucket set aside just for seeds and clones.

Can you imagine a farmer doing 20 acres of seed corn with wet paper towels?:holysheep:

Wet

Wetdog said:
WORD^^^^^^^

I've had the best results using used mix that has not been re amended. Great for freshly rooted clones too. I'll keep a 5 gal bucket set aside just for seeds and clones.

Can you imagine a farmer doing 20 acres of seed corn with wet paper towels?:holysheep:

Wet

No but i can imagine your average grower who only grows 6 to 10 plants using a paper towel.

Paper towel in a baggie on a heat pad works for me. i just popped a DS cotton candy in a plastic cup, covered it with a cut in half 2 liter pop bottle.

putting them straight into the soil, no soaking or paper towels is the only way i will do it.

i use little "pots" to put the seed in, then put the "pots" into my dome. once they break ground the dome comes off.

i water with a spray bottle so i dont distrub the seeds.

99% germ rate

I soak them over night just to weaken the shell a little and then put them in a non-nuted seedling soil. I was planting them too deep at first and not getting very good results at all. Now I put them just 1/4 in under dirt and have been having great success. I water them with a turkey baster. I like it better than spray because I can tell better how much liquid they are getting.

Latest posts

Back