need some advice on my setup before starting next grow.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOMMYCHONG89

Reaction score
i am using a 600w switchable ballast with a vented super sun 2 hood, i have a 70 crm fan attached to pull the heat from the lamp out, my walls are painted flat white, no light leaks. and i use a mounted oscillating fan, do i have any flaws here i should worry about? someone on here had mentioned maybe my setup was at fault for my last grow and i wanted to make sure before i start again, the closet is a 3x7 my on off temps average 79 on 70 off, any advice is welcome thanks in advance guys :ccc:

A 3x7 = 21 square feet of grow space. A 600 that gives off 95,000 lumens will give you 4523 lumens/sqft just below what most growers try to achieve( minimum 5000 lumen/sqft). With a long sided room like yours 2 400's may be better, to give you better light spread and more lumens.

Also a 70 cfm fan is not enough to cool and bring in fresh air. Most growers try to exchange their air 3 to 4 times a minute. A 6" centrifugal fan will be needed to do an adequate job.

all sounds good to me other than your air exchange

Build it and they will grow

Or run another 600 watt in line and be around 57 watts per sq foot

you should have a 6 in inline fan moving about 450 cfm for that size room

If you are wanting to start out slow and only grow a few plants then you can stay with the 1 600 and use some reflective panel from hardware store to close it in just a bit. But you will definitely need a little more on the exaust fan to keep it cool.

If you are ready to rock that closet and grow some dense buds from one end to the other then get a larger exaust fan(6" vortex 450ish cfm) and a second 600w hps and daisy chain the vents together so that the exaust fan pulls air through both of them.

You will also need a good carbon filter for flowering as they will get smelly :)

Latest posts

Back