New leaves slightly taco'd?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erwinsweeney

Reaction score
I just took a look at my plants and noticed on one of my AK-48's, the new growth on top is slightly taco'd. They are one week into flowering, under a 250 watt 2700k CFL bulb, and a 120 watt LED unit. The only difference in nutes is the addition of fox farms tiger bloom and subtraction of fox farms grow big. Filtered water and nutes are PH'd at 6.5 using a ph pen. I have an extensive grow journal if you would like more info. Any input is appreciated.
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?p=483381#post483381

Photo0099.jpg

Photo0100.jpg

Thanks ish. I'm not seeing anything burnt at all, like heat stress or nute burn or anything.

I haved moved the CFL and LED lights away a few inches. My ventilation system consisted of 2-80 CFM fans pulling air through carbon filters and blowing it out of the tent. I was only using the draw from those to pull air through the side vents of the tent. This was enough ventilation when using either the LED, or CFL by themselves. I removed one of the carbon filters from one of the fans and turned the fan around so that I now have 1 fan blowing fresh air into the tent, and 1 fan pulling air through the carbon filter and blowing out of the tent. So, hopefully the slight curl is due to the temp increase from running both lights, and the increased circulation will lower temp. This only happened with both lights going. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

This morning leaves are still slightly taco'd. I now know I have plenty of ventilation. I have added a humidifier to bring up the humidity a bit. Since the temps and airflow is for sure good now, I believe it could be that with both bulbs maybe they are drying out the air a bit too much. I live in the desert region, so while it's cool in the house, the air is still pretty dry.

yea, i live in a dry area too. a humidifier would probably be good for both you and the plants. ever since i've had a humidifier going in the apartment, i've had little need for lotion and my friends got mind blown when my clones didnt wilt til about 13 days after cutting them.

ishnish said:
yea, i live in a dry area too. a humidifier would probably be good for both you and the plants. ever since i've had a humidifier going in the apartment, i've had little need for lotion and my friends got mind blown when my clones didnt wilt til about 13 days after cutting them.

Yeah it probly would do me some good as well. I will tell you: After running it for 24 hours now, I do see a difference. Either that or the increased ventilation, or both, but situation is clearing up. So when your clones wilted after 13 days, what did you do then, and what was the outcome?? Is that a normal occurence? I have some clones going, but having gotten to that point yet, thats why I ask. Thanks.

yea, they started wilting after 13 days then over the next week their roots started shoot'n out. outa 14 clones, all are showing roots but 3 and i'll give those another week to see what happens

Good to know Ish. Now I won't have to panic when it happens to mine. The curled leaves prolem is completely under control now. Not sure if it was addition of ventilation, or humidity, or both, but I will leave things as they are for now.

Latest posts

Back