New Medi Grower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nbid

Danzig ************
Reaction score
Hello friends. I have joined the (so called) legal world of growing doja. I built myself a box 8 feet high 8 feet long and 3 feet wide. A little under 3 feet for a Mother/clone room and 5 feet 7" for a flower room. Hopefully it looks like a big stoarge closet in our garage. With just a few more additions the whole box should be light proof. Looking for good ways to hide the heat from eyes above. Last few things I need are mylar and some holes to hook up a sq cage with 4" opening. Got myself some Foxfarm soil,Perilite,600 watt hps with sun system cool system xl hood. Need to get a light for the Mother clone room. Any suggestions? What are some tools I should invest in before I get going? I have a few days while I wait for clones. I want to make sure they come home to a good place.

IMG_2248.JPG

IMG_2244.JPG

IMG_2247.JPG

Welcome to MP....A good ph pen is a must...don't skimp on it and go with those strips...Proper ph is a huge part of a successful grow. You can have every other thing absolutely perfect but if your ph is off enough your grow will fail or at the very least under achieve....Here is a link to a site that sells ph and ppm(tds) meters for good prices....hXXp://www.eseasongear.com/

This is the ph pen area.....hXXp://www.eseasongear.com/phtesting.html

Change hXXP to Http as live links to off site are not permitted...

looks good...welcome to the site! I'd look into High Output t-5's for veg...it would save you some dough on the electric bill, and alot of us that used to use metal Halides in veg have switched to the t5.

Like hammy there said a good pH pen, I don't know if your using FF nutes with the soil, but if you are you may want to pick up some cal-mag. I have used FF for the last 4 indoor grows and with every grow I have had some get deficient in this area...also see it often on this site with people using FF.

Glad to have ya here!....what clones ya getting???

Welcome to MP. Don't ferget the ventillation!

Thanks friends! The last thing I need to add is ventilation and thankfully I was hooked up with a decent Squirrel Cage fan. I'll hit up my shop and deff get that PH pen. I'm not sure of the clones yet but have been thinking about going all the way to seeds first. But since i'm ready might as well get clones. I picked up a kit that had the BC Bud,Veg... and some other stuff like B-1 and cloning gel. I hope to have pictures up soon of the full operation. Thanks for the tips and help. I already feel welcome.

Another question I have is... I have about 12 sq feet of growing space how many plants can I fit under a 600 hps and not be too crowded?

figure a foot square per plant, but that is growing awfully tight, and you won't want them getting too big when haveing them in this tight. I just used 6 plants in 16 sq ft, and they took up the entire space.

More plants does not mean more bud. Your space and your light will produce close to the same regardless if it is 4 large plants, or 16 smaller clones. The difference is in the veg times. The reason I only had 6 this last time is because I went from seed, and let them veg for a good 2 1/2 months, so they would fill my area, I also incorporated LST work to keep my canopy even. This next run will consist of 10 clones vegged for much less time, but I expect to yeild close to the same. Although it may be a little less, because I will be trying my hand at organic nutes this time...so I guess I don't know what to expect.

Latest posts

Back