new member, new grower.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bomtwo

Reaction score
well, i'm actually totally inexperienced at growing, but I'm very interested. I figured i would join to have some people i could talk to about problems, things that would help out, etc.

i have a few questions to start out with, but, being new to this particular forum setup, i'm not sure if this is the correct place to post them.

please let me know, thanks.

Welcome, there are many different problems and different places to post...i.e. sick plants, grow room set up. It really depends on the problem, if it's in the wrong place no big deal. Many people here to help you too.

Welcome! This is a wonderful place to learn!

We all have a passion for life here!

You've come to the best place to learn. :) Browse the different forums, and you should find good stuff to get ya started. Welcome to the group.

thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Looking forward to being involved.

attatched is a pic of the room i have to work with. It's a closet. Rough dimensions are: 9ft high x 8 ft wide x 2 ft long. As the photo shows, there are 2 mirrors that slide either way to make the closet fully enclosed. There's a shelf roughly 3 ft below the ceiling extending the full width of the closet with a bar for which to hang clothes right beneath. I had planned on hanging the lights from this bar.

I posted this to hopefully get some ideas for which grow setup will be best for the space provided. I watched "Mr. Green's" video and planned on duplicating his set up, just with smaller items. If any of you experienced growers have any better setup suggestions or any advice at all, please let me know.

Thanks!!

:ignore: this one looks like meatwad

Photo 306.jpg

Actually you need a place where either with no problem of having light 7/24 or can be darkened for 12 hours.

This sounds like your private place so I'd recommend using a closet to make set up your garden so you would not have problem about lighting.

Cornellius said:
Actually you need a place where either with no problem of having light 7/24 or can be darkened for 12 hours.

This sounds like your private place so I'd recommend using a closet to make set up your garden so you would not have problem about lighting.

oh yes, this closet would be 100% dedicated to the plants, if that's what you're saying... it will be used solely for them so there will be no need to intrude on them unless scheduled.

hello and welcome to mp :48:

yeah the closet sounds good
im growing in a much smaller one :peace:

It looks large enough to hold a few plants with ease, I'd recommend adding a shelf or two for clones if you plan to have any... And a separate closet for flowering but that goes beyond basic needs...

i was actually planning on dividing the room in half, one for veg, other for flowering.

thanks again for the advice, any and all is welcome!

Hey bomtwo...welcome to MP my friend...investment in lights (HD..HPS) also invest in some Milar...all can be purchased @ HTG supply..be sure to add intake and exhaust fans...intake (low)..exhaust(high)..exhaust into attic, or outside of house..Good Luck and again..welcome

Hi there. Welcome to MP. It's good to have you here. This is a great place to learn how to grow mj like a pro. It's also filled with members that are more than willing to help you out in any way possible. I hope to see you around the forums sometime soon. Until then, take care and be safe.

Hey Bom nice closet. I have a very similar closet, I did like you are suggesting. I split the closet in half so i could veg and flower and it works great. U can check out my journals to see my setup a little better.

WOW! Amazing stuff you've got there bruddah!! How do you handle ventilation? That is my major trouble right now, i'm not sure how i'm going to handle the airflow, aside from fans.

I got the good news today that a friend of a friend is going to let me (try to) clone his NL plant. Any suggestions? Cloning solutions? I plan on growing it with hydroponics. Originally i planned on using a drip system in the veg room with a 400w cool white/warm white fluorescent. In the flowering room I originally wanted to set up a flood and drain, but now i'm thinking more along the lines of an ebb and flow.

here is a pic of the plant so far, not sure how far along, but it is about a foot tall. Apparently it has trichs already but i can't tell from the picture, but maybe i just don't have a keen eye.
d39c8ca01861.jpg

Personally I would use one system for veg./flowering. Cuts down on work IMO and lots of troubleshooting. Mylar is great but if you want to divide the closet go with panda plastic. It is durable, can be hung in minutes, lightproof, can be washed etc. Also it becomes real easy to reconfigure the grow area in a short time. What kind of cloning, soil, hydro? Nice plant BTW should get you a nice clone.

I leave my closet open while the lights are on and havea box fan blwoing air around. I also vent my HPS hood out of my flower room into the top of my veg room. If you can i would run a vent thru the ceiling to the attic, that is the best option.

I planned on growing with hydroponics. I'm not sure which cloning solution would be best. Luckily there's a hydro shop close to me :) Anybody have any favorite rockwool brands? Does it matter? I will probably develop the drip system for the clones, that'll give me time to figure out the flowering part.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks again to everyone who has already helped me out!

It you are doing hydro clones may I recommend Botanicare's Power Clone Concentrate, goes right into the res. no need to dip. However another option is to dip it in something and then rockwool it...in this instance I would recommend Vita Grow's rooting gel. I also use their Anti Wilting spray, helps me a bunch and I no longer need a dome ever.

Latest posts

Back