New to indoor growing need advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keaton420

Reaction score
So i decided to be more proactive and went out and got myself an aerogarden and some dank seeds now i thought i knew what i was doing but i realize now i need some help.. anyone out there have a successful run with an aerogarden that want to share some knowledge to a fellow herb grower

welcome ,if you think you are in over your head then you probably are , but don't be discouraged , all the info you need for a succsesfull grow is right here.
check out the resouces page and read , read, read, then if you have questions, which you will!, just ask, there are plenty of folks here to help. we have all been in your shoes
good luck

:welcome: to MarPassion!

You have came to the right place for growing dank bud..:hubba:

There is no easy way of saying this so I’ll just come out and say it. Aerogardens are a joke,

I’m sure they can grow flowers and other species of plants. But it does NOT handle MJ to well, it very small.

It could be a great little cloner :D But as far as getting some dank bud, I think you’re going to be disappointed.

I think you might have better luck in building yourself a nice hydro system with decent lights and ventilation,

then to have the aerogarden. Just my 2 cents GL to you :D

Yeaa i have to agree with you guys aerogarden might not be the best but in my situation its the best i got. im only looking to have one or two functioning plants and i have feminized seeds so does anyone want to help me pull this off?

Absolutely keaton420, we are all here to help you out however we can. :)

IMHO, The first thing I would do is to add additional lighting to that Aerogarden of yours.

A 250 watt HPS would be a nice solution for 2 plants. They run a lot cooler than the 400 watters out there.

Next add some ventilation; a nice bathroom fan can be very effective and inexpensive.

This is a dependent on your grow room. What I am recommending is for a very small operation that

allows for you to experience and learn from this grow…after the “virgin grow” you will have matured

into a grower and have lots of experience that you will carry for the rest of your life.

Some information about your grow room setup and nutrients, etc will help us help you. :D

keaton420 said:
Yeaa i have to agree with you guys aerogarden might not be the best but in my situation its the best i got. im only looking to have one or two functioning plants and i have feminized seeds so does anyone want to help me pull this off?

In case you were unable to decipher the earlier post, let me help you out. Aerogardens are good for growing herbs, but terrible for growing Herb. Not trying to be a smart alek, just being truthful. Nobody is going to "help" you pull this one off because it won't work. There are so many great resourceful people on this site, that when they say it won't work, you really should listen. If there are people who have grown some nice buds with an Aerogarden, I would love to see some pics of their grow. Simply put, you don't see these grows because they don't ever work out. If they did everyone would be talking about how great Aerogardens are. Just my honest opinion. Good luck Bro! If you can make it work, let us know!!

:yeahthat:

I don't believe that it is doable. In truth, we would be doing you a disservice trying to help you grow under conditions that we know won't work. Imagine spending 4 months or more growing and getting under an oz. Do some more reading and studying. The Aerogarden is simply not going to work...

I, also, have NEVER seen any kind of Aerogarden grow that was brought to harvest. Once in a while someone would post pics of babies growing in the aerogarden, but that was all we ever heard or saw.

As I argued this with my buddy last night, I realized that Hemp Goddess and noobiewithadoobie is right about the aerogarden.

You’re better off going with soil :D Sell that aerogarden and get a light.

keaton , don't be too disheartened, you can make a bubble bucket for about 20.00 bucks, 2 of these will give you much higher yeilds than that aerogarden.
check out the diy section.
good luck

i wonder if it would be good fer seed or clones?

i would think it would make a pretty good cloner, or even to get the plants started, you could save on nutes and transfer to buckets when the roots start to get too long

Latest posts

Back