New to the site

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMOK3R

iSmoke
Reaction score
Looks like a very cool site here! Just ran across it last night while I was looking around for a portable air conditioner to put in my GR. (If anyone knows of one that works well... Im still looking:) )

Anyways... I have grown before but just built my own aero system and *fingers crossed* hopefully this will make things easier for me than the dwc setups that I've used in the past. Nothing fancy... I'm no pro... just do what I do and it always works for me.

-:smoke1:

Welcome to MP. Hope you find all the answers you need.

I am just curious....IMO, DWC is far easier than aero--what problems did you have with your DWC?

:ciao::welcome: To the Only Place

The Hemp Goddess said:
Welcome to MP. Hope you find all the answers you need.

I am just curious....IMO, DWC is far easier than aero--what problems did you have with your DWC?

A couple things... Actually it was DWC / Drip system.

The big problem I had was having my roots in the tank with my pump (water was always warmer than I would like), the root material clogging the drip system, and it was just a huge pain in the *** to change out the water. If I were to build another DWC I would use an inline pump, make the setup out of a stronger and bigger Rubbermaid container, and buy 2 containers so I could just swap out the solution every week.

If I put more time into it I could have made it work better I guess, but I just felt like it was time to build something new.

SMOK3R said:
A couple things... Actually it was DWC / Drip system.

The big problem I had was having my roots in the tank with my pump (water was always warmer than I would like), the root material clogging the drip system, and it was just a huge pain in the *** to change out the water. If I were to build another DWC I would use an inline pump, make the setup out of a stronger and bigger Rubbermaid container, and buy 2 containers so I could just swap out the solution every week.

If I put more time into it I could have made it work better I guess, but I just felt like it was time to build something new.

Actually, that wasn't really a DWC system at all, it was a drip system. However, most drip systems have the drippers on the surface of the pot, not in the res with the roots. The pumps and drains can clog, however. DWC is as simple as it gets. A DWC has no pump in the reservoir. The only thing in the res is an airstone or 2. There is nothing to get clogged, there is no pump to heat up the water. A res, airstone, air pump, net pot and medium--that is it. A great hydro system.

Welcome to the site!

You will "grow" to love it :giggle:

The Hemp Goddess said:
Actually, that wasn't really a DWC system at all, it was a drip system. However, most drip systems have the drippers on the surface of the pot, not in the res with the roots. The pumps and drains can clog, however. DWC is as simple as it gets. A DWC has no pump in the reservoir. The only thing in the res is an airstone or 2. There is nothing to get clogged, there is no pump to heat up the water. A res, airstone, air pump, net pot and medium--that is it. A great hydro system.

Haha it was a deep water system;) . The drip was nothing more than a worthless addition to the system. The drip system clogged, I got frustrated and pulled it out, and it was nothing but the Deep Water portion of the system left.

Picture a standard deep water system like your SCROG grow but with added drip to the top of it.

Latest posts

Back