new to this help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ganja_Greg

Cannabis Cultivation
Reaction score
ok first off all describe my setup which is quite "cheap" im growing a single plant in a bucket which ive cut holes in the bottom its about 2 gal. im using basic potting soil. the plant is kept up in my closet where it stays about 70-75 degree's. and i have one 1500 lum CFL lamp about 6 inches from the top of the leafs. im pretty much retarted when it comes to growing this is my very first plant my other sprout had somthing happen to it where it grew like a vine along the top of the soil this was before i even purchased a light. ( ya thats how retarted i am ) i figured natural light from the window would be enough but then i learned about stretching and quickly bought a light. i had another sprout come up after the first sprout it seems to be doing great now that i have a light and a warmer area to put it. its about 6-8 inches tall with almost 4 leafs , it has 2 medium sized leafs and 2 ltiny ones coming out the middle. all try and get some pics up here soon now im not planing on growing a crop or anything just one plant for fun and i figure if its a male all just give it away and try again. until i can determine that tho i would love any cheap pointers for making a great environment for the plant. thanks all

heres some pictures of what i have going so far, in process of building a grow box

0900000 004.jpg

0900000 005.jpg

0900000 008.jpg

0900000 009.jpg

move that thing to the center of the pot and cover alot of the bottome stem with dirt or it will stretch too much

:eek: ok i thought my plant was a bit to tall for its stage. like i said im a beginer is this plant still worth keeping or should i start over? if i pack dirt around it will it stop stretching? ive added supports so the plant dont fall over and moved the light about 3-4" from the top of the plant it was more like 8 inches away before. if the plant does fall over and pinches the the stem its pretty much toast righte?

i would just bend it over as much as you can, till apart of the main stem touches the soil, then bury it, and make sure it stays down. the top of the plant will bend back up toward the light.
also if u do that, then ur plant will be in the middle.
but ya bury as much of the stem as u can,

Ganja_Greg said:
:eek: ok i thought my plant was a bit to tall for its stage. like i said im a beginer is this plant still worth keeping or should i start over? if i pack dirt around it will it stop stretching? ive added supports so the plant dont fall over and moved the light about 3-4" from the top of the plant it was more like 8 inches away before. if the plant does fall over and pinches the the stem its pretty much toast righte?

It stretched like that because it needs light.

ok i laid the stretched plant over and burried the main stem for the most part its now in the middle of the pot as well. going to get more lighting tomorrow ive moved the light about 3 inches from the top of the plant now and draped mylon around the top rim of the pot. plant looks ok morning will tell :confused: ...

new pics 001.jpg

new pics 002.jpg

new pics 003.jpg

new pics 004.jpg

better get a small hps than 5-6 cfls

well it made it through the night looks great. didnt wittle away or anything GOOD advice on laying the plant over rather then transplant i would of just killed it with my exp like that i think.

This plant is telling you one thing and one thing only, it's saying "I need more light god damnit!"

Burying a tall plant through transplanting is easy - these plants are resiliant. Just pop the dirt block out of your pot, shave off the sides and what not without disturbing the main roots (which there won't be many of at this point) and drop it down into a slightly bigger pot. The bigger pot should have dirt in it with a big hole dug in the middle. put the plant down in that as far as is needed to bring the top two leaves an inch or so above the new dirt surface. Fill in the rest of the hole with dirt and water. Done.

Bending is risky, you can very veery easily break a stem at this age. I wouldn't suggest you go that route in the future.

This looks like a fun experiment for a first time. Without a lot of good light added and better ventilation though I doubt you'll produce any good weed from this. Your using a 1500 lum light and the temp is pushing 75 degrees.. to grow a basic garden you either need a lot of summer sunlight or a 30,000 lum light. Good luck though, you'll learn a lot and hopfully have fun doing it. :)

If you berried the stem,make sure your soil drys out well,and the soil around the stem is airy.If the soil is kept constantly wet/damp you'll get stem rott.

yea 30,00 lums seems like over kill for 1 plant but i guess if u could affored it ,it would be great

dude your plant is stretchin..add one more cfl light..and bring it closer to your plant. ohyee..if i was you i wouldnt put foil there. it could burn your plant easy

:lama: :bong1: mylon was pretty much non-existent where i live so until i find some, tin foil is all i got which its 30-55% reflective which should be good enough for now. having troubling keeping the box at 80 degree's with my new 2' floro light bar i got last night and also have a circulation fan inside , im guessing i need more ventalation. the plant is growing much faster then it was now that i have the right CFL (thanks Celebrity bob!) . i finally watered it today to dirt was nice and crusty. it seemed liked it needed a drink leafs were alittle dry looking. charging camera battery right now to show my new grow box its in , which i have another thread for as well in ( indoor growing ) so if you guys are interested keep checking back today!

Latest posts

Back