New way to evaluate your grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShecallshimThor

Master of funk
Reaction score
Check it out and let's hear your thoughts

hxxp://bigbudsmag.com/grow/how/article/better-way-measuring-efficiency-your-marijuana-grow-room-september-2011

good article, but at the same time grams per watt & time is still not efficient enough for my standards and many others as well. just because Gardner B posted the same results in 20 less days time, doesn't mean he did any better then the first guy. maybe the first guy waited an extra 20 days for the cannabis to properly mature. immature cannabis only has a fraction of the medicinal qualities that properly matured cannabis does.

I still likes how i evaluates me grows, I jams some in me pipe and smokes it ;)

BWD

I very seldom even weight my harvests--it is what it is. I'm like BWD--I put it in my pipe and smoke it. If it gets me high, I did a good job.

:smoke1: : check

:stoned: :check

:D : check

....yup

I don't remember the last time I weighed an entire harvest....from time to time I will weigh specific plants to see how well they yielded but other then that I am not competing with anybody. I am just trying to keep my jars full and my bowl lit.

So what everyone is saying is you can't use this to identify how well your room is dailed?

I know someone who keeps their temp in check but has little air flow (room is not exchanging 24/7). If they were to keep fan on all the time temps drop to much esp night and night in winter.

The laws are supposed to be changing for med marijuana in Canada soon and I'm thinking of "going industrial" lol but would like a way be able to know how I was doing on a large scale.

I've read Jmans nute study and like how he had a formula for price per gram on each line. It's what made me bring this here, to see what y'all thought of it

I know my Room is dialed in when my Jars are full.:hubba: I dont grow to sale,,so actual weight is not that important to me. I can eyeball it pretty good anyway.:D I can Bong it even better. :bong:

We are not trying to **** on ya parade bro...just most of us only grow for ourselves and significant others. Like WH I can pretty much eyeball it and know if I am hitting my mark or at least close to it.

I am like most only grow to smoke as long as i dont run out i am good to go:icon_smile:

That formula would be fine for a commercial grower to determine how profitable they are over a time period. But that formula doesn't truely measure the efficiency of your growing methods to produce both quality and quantity buds per grow cycle. That formula takes into account time saving methods which have nothing to do with how well you are growing the individual plants to harvest. Just because you are harvesting plants faster doesn't mean that you are improving or even staying current with plant optimizing methods.

The 1 gram per watt measure is the better measure for how well an individual grow is performing, even though the yard-stick to "Harvest Master" is a bit much and would require perfect growing conditions to achieve. The G/w method is better for tracking individual grow performance as a yard-stick of individual harvest comparrison.

All you can do to check how well you are doing it to compare your G/w to one of veterans here who have either similar plants or similar grows.
I know that I can do better than 20oz(560grams) from a 4x4 tent with 1200w of light, but I doubt that 1200grams is achievable in a 4x4 tent. However, I am harvesting about average with the more experienced growers, so while I always work to improve, I'm not sweating my production or my methods. Since I am growing semi-commercially, I try to maintain the highest quality bud as well as highest quantity. I always try to get feedback from my buyers about the quality and variety desired, and how well I am meeting both. If I have a buyer that wants a certain strain, I try to grow that strain if possible.

That's just the way I look at it. I know just about everyone is different. :)

I like the idea of measuring my grow success. As a rookie I need a way to dial in the best methods and use of space vs light vs everything else. After a dozen or so harvests it probably won't be as important.

ShecallshimThor said:
So what everyone is saying is you can't use this to identify how well your room is dailed?

I know someone who keeps their temp in check but has little air flow (room is not exchanging 24/7). If they were to keep fan on all the time temps drop to much esp night and night in winter.

The laws are supposed to be changing for med marijuana in Canada soon and I'm thinking of "going industrial" lol but would like a way be able to know how I was doing on a large scale.

I've read Jmans nute study and like how he had a formula for price per gram on each line. It's what made me bring this here, to see what y'all thought of it

all be sayin bout this pilgrem is ifin this be trail yual lookin to travel I have heard

"The larger the grow"
"The Less you control"

Thinkin I would want to get real good before I trys to get real big

Quality over quantitiy be my ways ;)

Good luck to ya pilgrem hope yur dreams come true fur ya!

BWD

gunforhire said:
I like the idea of measuring my grow success. As a rookie I need a way to dial in the best methods and use of space vs light vs everything else. After a dozen or so harvests it probably won't be as important.
When I 1st started growen,,I measured success by my Plants not dying.:D

Latest posts

Back