New York passing Cannabis!!

archtype111

Reaction score
Looks like New York is finally passing a recreational cannabis bill which allows for 6 plants per individual and 12 per household. Looks like I will be growing 12 plants outside this summer. I am interested to hear how the change affected others when it legalized.

MrPicklesCC

Reaction score
Well we (Arizona) recently just had the same legislation pass, with recreational and up to 6 plants per adult.

It did cause prices to skyrocket because the dispensaries just were not ready to meet the demand presented by recreational users. So a simply Supply vs. Demand has caused prices to get all jacked up, but hopefully the supply catches up to the demand.

I am just starting my first grow as well, so it sounds like we are going to be going on this journey together.

Did they give any time table of when it will go on the ballot to be voted on? I am guessing not until October-November?

My plan is to learn to grow and really hone my skills, then move to a state that hasnt yet legalized and really get in on the ground-level of a new recreational market.

sharonp

Reaction score
Virginia is still working on the legislation.

WeedHopper

Staff member
Reaction score
I dont care if Texas ever goes legal. All it does is fk up pot prices and give the government control to tax the shit out if it.

archtype111

Reaction score
Well we (Arizona) recently just had the same legislation pass, with recreational and up to 6 plants per adult.

It did cause prices to skyrocket because the dispensaries just were not ready to meet the demand presented by recreational users. So a simply Supply vs. Demand has caused prices to get all jacked up, but hopefully the supply catches up to the demand.

I am just starting my first grow as well, so it sounds like we are going to be going on this journey together.

Did they give any time table of when it will go on the ballot to be voted on? I am guessing not until October-November?

My plan is to learn to grow and really hone my skills, then move to a state that hasnt yet legalized and really get in on the ground-level of a new recreational market.
The Bill has been signed in NY. So it's a done deal. The timeline for recreational sales is 4/22 and home growth legal after that, I think 6 months later but I can't remember.

bigsur51

Reaction score
Looks like New York is finally passing a recreational cannabis bill which allows for 6 plants per individual and 12 per household. Looks like I will be growing 12 plants outside this summer. I am interested to hear how the change affected others when it legalized.
how the change affected others?

if you mean going from illegal to legal , I miss the paranoia , mostly worrying about a midnight raid by the man

now that I don’t have to sneak around to grow and get high , it’s not much fun anymore , it is more like a business hobby

every once in awhile I will grab about 5 lbs of weed and drive around just to feel the paranoia again , the rush is addictive

ROSTERMAN

I'm The Guy Your Mom Warned You about.
Reaction score
how the change affected others?

if you mean going from illegal to legal , I miss the paranoia , mostly worrying about a midnight raid by the man

now that I don’t have to sneak around to grow and get high , it’s not much fun anymore , it is more like a business hobby

every once in awhile I will grab about 5 lbs of weed and drive around just to feel the paranoia again , the rush is addictive
There ya go, now you can still see them

Latest posts