newbie need some advice!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

potplusguitar

Reaction score
hey guys, ive got seeds germinating as we speak.. and a little cabinet im planning to keep them in. the cabinets only a foot wide, foot back and two feet tall, wondering what kind of light i need,, and anything else i should do to my space ebfore getting the sprouts in there. thanks

Sorry bud- but I think you need a bigger cabinet, unless you are a true master at lst, the height is too restrictive.

even as somewhere just to keep the sprouts til their stronger? i plan to take them outside when they get a bit bigger..

If you're plan is to only keep them in there for a week or 2, then some cfl's will do quite nicely for you. If you can get a fan in there to give the stems come strength and assist with any heat issues, you'd be better off.
Good luck with your grow.

Well you have 1 sqft so a couple of 6500k cfl's that give ya a total of between 3000 and 5000 lumens would work real nice, for veg.
Line your walls with mylar, or paint it flat white.
Also need a fan for air circulation/ventilation.

screw some puck lights up in there, note:need to be at least 3000 lums , maybe you could find some that are led .thats if you have to use that small box . you could try a cabinet light .

A couple 23 watt 6500K (thas about 3200 lumens total)will do for a couple weeks untill you move them outside.

potplusguitar said:
i found 3 three 20w pucks in my basement.. sweet?
I don't think those are going to help you. You will need cfl's. $10 bucks at Lowe's or Home Depot.
Get the ones rated 6000 k (kelvin).

for a temp storage space to veg them through a couple weeks, that box will be fine.

I would get about 4 27w or higher cfls and keep em about 2" from the top of the plants, make sure that you have a little bit of ventilation and air moving across the sprouts so they get plenty of fresh air.

our avatars are freakishly identical, lol.

Latest posts

Back