Newbie needs help on using nutes.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john_peace

Reaction score
Hi,
I had some problems with my plants (http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25660) and I had to buy something to feed them.

The only fertilizer I managed to find is a botle of "Concentrated feed for Orchids".
The bottle mentions "NPK 5+6+7" and on the instructions they say to dissolve 5ml fertilizer in 1 litre of lukewarm water and feed the plants once every two weeks,but this is probably what orchids need. :)

More information written on the bottle:
"EC FERTILISER
NPK-fertiliser solution 5+6+7 with micro nutrients

5,0% total nitrogen(N)
6,0% water-soluble phosphorus pentoxide
7,0% water-soluble potassium oxide

Micro-nutrients soluble in water:
0,02% boron(B),0,004% copper(Cu),0,04% iron(Fe),0,02% manganese(Mn),0,002% molybdenum(Mo),0,004% zinc(Zn) "

Could somebody tell me if this fertilizer is suitable for MJ plants,and what dosage should I use?

That will work, it seems to be more a flowering fert though. For veg you are looking for a higher nitrogen level. I am no expert though so i would wait for others to chime in.

Thanks for the replies ppl.

Any ideas on the dosage?How much of this stuff and how often should I give to my plants?(They already show nitrogen deficience signs).

I would start with a 1/4 dose of whats on teh bottle and work your way up to a full dose. You would'nt want to shock your plants with to much fert.

bigbudsbruddah the bottle says 5ml diluted in 1litre of water once every 2 weeks.
So you are suggesting 1,25ml diluted in 1litre of water once every 2 weeks,right?
Is that for each plant?
Cause I have 9 plants in veg which I need to feed and it doesn't sound enough to me.But again I'm a complete newbie so I'll stick on the guidelines you give me ppl :)

Any more suggestions are more than welcome!:) :)

The above sounds like good advice to me. Start at 1/4 strength and work from there. Something with a higher N content would be better suited for veg though. Anything Fox Farms is a fantastic choice. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

Latest posts

Back