no camera dieing plant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lizerd

Reaction score
Sorry no camera
I have a little 4 internode plant about 4 inchs tall, the leafs look mutated, and grow in a weird shape, when it started out with the first true leaves, they had a nice green color and texture, but the shape of the leaves was weird, they didnt grow out opposite of each other.
Currently the leaves are twisting a little bit, the texture feels dry, the color is yellow on the bottum leaves, with brow spots, as you go up the plant there is less yellow, but the spots continue.
The plant was root bound in a plastic cup, and was transplanted to a 2 gallon container 4 days ago, with no positive response.

It looked like it quit growing for a couple of days, but today there is brand new growth on top, which is bright green, and healthy in appearance. Also, there are 20 other plants in the chamber that appear to be healthy, they are smaller, and still in cups, but healthy none the less

The temps go from 70 to 85 degrees, depending on time of day. Humidity is 30 to 40%, soil is organic vegetable/fruit mix, with straight ro water when the soil feels dry, with finger test.

Perhaps the new growth will continue to grow out green and healthy?

This was one seed out of 5 that popped up, so Im almost thinking its a bad batch, any input appreciated

Using nute-loaded soil with a seedling perhaps?

When started in the cups, it was with miracle grow seed starter mix, which is like the fox farms light warrior, with alot of sophgan moss. When I transefered it to a 2 gallon container with kelloggs organic potting mix, it was allready looking bad.

if leafs are pulling in like and wrinkly. you have PH issues..what is the PH?

Actually it was the miracle grow seed starter mix, couple days after transplanting to organic soil they perked back up

hater said:
not sure, whatever the ph of ro water is

RO water is not usually PH'ed correctly for what we are growing, hater. I have two types of RO water available to me and both are very hi in PH, like, 8.0 - 8.5 way to high.

Theres your problem, bro. Test it and see.

Educating yourself to one of the most important considerations and the need to be very close to adding the correct PH'ed water is essential to a strong healthy plant.

:yeahthat: and, dont wait for your good lookin plants to become rootbound in the cups before transplanting them ;)

The ro water stations here pump 6.5 to 6.7
I assumed they were neutral, after getting the hanna meter, it confirmed it

I find that allowing the plant to get to the cup height, that is about the max height, after they get taller than the cup, they start to droop due to being a ball of roots, did it once, and never again

I cant educate myself to much, as I have a learning disability

hater said:

I find that allowing the plant to get to the cup height, that is about the max height, after they get taller than the cup, they start to droop due to being a ball of roots, did it once, and never again

hater, if there is one thing I know about the most in life, it's a learning disability. I never allowed that to stop me though. I spent half my life thinking I was stupid but it turned out that I am one of the smartest people I know and have incredible knowledge from reading everything I could about anything and everything I was and am interested in and figured it out, worked through it and never made an excuse that I "CAN'T" nothing and instead told myself that I CAN anything that i want to do. It might take me a little longer then some but you can believe that I will learn it and I will eventually know more than most "normal" people about whatever subject it may be because I want to prove myself wrong because I'm not even close to stupid. Put it this way, college was never an option for me growing up and I barley made it through high school but today I can go to college if I chose to but I make more money than many college educated people that are honestly twice as book smart than i am. College would be a liability for me now and doesn't make financial sense unless somehow I felt I had to prove to myself I could finish college for some reason. Never give up, hater.

Back, on topic, if your PH is 6.3 - 6.5, you are good there so, check. Hmm, I could have sworn it was the PH here. Must ponder this longer.

It was the fact that the root structure was looking for nutrients and couldnt get any in the airy and light seed starter mix, had I added a little nutrient, Im sure they would have been ok, but like everything I grow, I dont like to add ferts until well into veg cycle

Thank you for the other nice things you said also

hater said:
It was the fact that the root structure was looking for nutrients and couldnt get any in the airy and light seed starter mix, had I added a little nutrient, Im sure they would have been ok, but like everything I grow, I dont like to add ferts until well into veg cycle

Thank you for the other nice things you said also

Yea man it may seem bad but with the seed starting mix you have to add them nutes. There is nothing in that mix but dirt and drainage it can not sustain a growing plant and it's needs alone.

hater said:
Actually it was the miracle grow seed starter mix, couple days after transplanting to organic soil they perked back up

Doesnt the MG seed starter contain nutes?

When testing PH in soil grow check the run off.

hater said:

RO pH depends on what pH you start off with before you RO it. Mine too runs about 6.3 to 6.5--perfect.

For your disability, let me ease in here and blow my own horn. I was an early ADHD, before it got popular. I spent more time banished to sitting in the hall than I did in class in grades 1-6. After that, I spent most of my time in detention or in the principal's office. I screwed up, and somehow managed an impressive SAT score and was sent off to Emory to be a dentist. HA! Fat chance--all I learned was how to roll perfect joints and score with the ladies. A couple of years of that, I went off looking for adventures. Twenty years later, I sat down one day and wrote a novel. Tens years after that, I still write novels, have won several national awards, and get the credit for inventing a new style of noir fiction (which I did not do, but, hey...). Get it? Thirty years ago, I couldn't even sit still long enough to READ a novel, much less write one. Hang in, dog--everybody has something that is theirs and theirs alone. When you find it, own it.

you wrote: "Currently the leaves are twisting a little bit, the texture feels dry, the color is yellow on the bottum leaves, with brow spots, as you go up the plant there is less yellow, but the spots continue."

Reading the marijunana growing bible this seems to suggest a Manganese deficiency. It is said to be a relatively common problem indoors.

How to treat: lower the PH, leach (water flush) the soil, and add a complete, cheleated micronutrient formula. I suggest a seaweed fertilizer.

It does seem to be that ur low on some select nutrients. The leave are twisting around and browning up because it's being forced to take the nutrients being stored in the leaves for food so it can grow. What kinda of nutes are you feeding her and at what times/how frequently do you feed?

high before and after said:
you wrote: "Currently the leaves are twisting a little bit, the texture feels dry, the color is yellow on the bottum leaves, with brow spots, as you go up the plant there is less yellow, but the spots continue."

Reading the marijunana growing bible this seems to suggest a Manganese deficiency. It is said to be a relatively common problem indoors.

How to treat: lower the PH, leach (water flush) the soil, and add a complete, cheleated micronutrient formula. I suggest a seaweed fertilizer.

ahhh...... thanks, but we transplanted to organic soil, they recovered and they are doing great now

Growdude said:
Doesnt the MG seed starter contain nutes?

When testing PH in soil grow check the run off.

The seed starter mix does contain a tiny bit of nutrients in it...but none of those time release fertilizers...I gve my plants in it GH 3 part(25%) around the time they get their 2nd set of true leaves...

It doesnt matter, their all dead now, they have all been killed.

Latest posts

Back