Noob with a 600 setup-Ak x Bubblegum, WW x Bubblegum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relentless999

Reaction score
Im a noob, but a very experienced mycologist, so I have no doubt I will succeed.
Heres the setup:
Homebox Large (3.2'x3.2'x6.6')
600 digital with MH and HPS bulbs
6" coolhood
6" 424cfm exhaust fan hooked to the coolhood
6" flanges installed in homebox
4" inline turbo fan hooked to a 4" carbon filter
19" oscillating fan

Ak47 x Bubblegum and White Widow x Bubblegum are germinating now. I will be using LST. Soil is fox farm ocean forest and fox farm grow big, tiger bloom, and big bloom nutrients.

I will be keeping this log updated, as I am positive I will need all of your help.

Thank you so much, and keep up the awesome posts, you guys rock!

IMG_3774.jpg

Gotta love duct tape :) Connecting the dryer ducting with just those flange clamps can be a pain in the butt to get air tight isn't it?

ya, lol, I improvised with the duck tape. I didnt order enough clamps so screw it.
Im germinating 24 seeds, I figure some wont germ, and then half will be male, then I can pick the best 6 females. Im going to stick the seedlings in small cups, then Ill transfer into maybe a 1 gallon pot, then a 5gal right before flower.

start lst on 2nd week, veg for 6 weeks, flower for +-63 days. I guess I should start the ff grow big on the 2nd week too, huh?

id start germing less at first.
if you dont get as many fems as you want
then more light for the plants. so youll make it up
in yield anyways i figure. and once you transfer from the cups
you should put them in at least a 2gal pot. i transfered from 16oz
cups to 2gal pots and in no time theyre looking like they want another transplant. good luck. nice setup too

Im taking temps right now.. I have the thermometer on the bottom of the tent, under the light.. Is this the right place to put it? Should I put it close to the light, or the bottom is fine? or mid way up in the tent?

thanks!

well the setup moves the air out of the tent really well.. only problem is the room that the tent is in isnt that big.. once the air exits the tent, it just sits in the room, and then the hot air is later sucked in, causing a whopping 92* temps.. the room itself is as hot as the tent..
I know I need to run the exhaust out of the room, but I cant go to the attic and the room only has 1 window, which is in the front of the house.. I dont think its the best idea to run the exhaust out that window..
I know I could get a small portable ac off ebay but I think the most they will lower is like 8*..
maybe I could just crack the window and leave the room door open?
I could move it to my room, where I know I could run the exhaust out a window, but I have 2 cats in that room, and would surely end up with hairy smoke, and the cats would probably play with the tent alot.. they are declawed, but still.
what do u guys think? my seeds are about done germinating, so I need to find a solution fast!

thanks!

Be careful with that exhaust! This looks like a well concealed room.Dont ruin it with the exhast.Make sure to use a filter. Try lookin somewhere that exits from roof. If possible tap into a batroom vent,dryer vent to outside.

ya its got a carbon filter and everything. but there is no way to exhaust out of this room except through the front window. which in my mind is stupid. I guess I should start thinking about moving it to my room, where it stays cool, and I could run the exhaust out the back window, thats not a problem. hell if need be, I could even run my small window unit in that room. the only thing Im worried about with that room is the cats. 1, hair, two, the cats playing with the tent.
what do yall think?

PLEASE HELP!

I found some metal mesh Im going to tape over the holes, any ideas to keep the cats off the tent or to keep em from messing with it?

crap. out of 24 seeds only 5 germinated :(. im germing more.
Im getting my soil and ph adjusters tomorrow.
Tonight Im going to put some water in a bucket so the chlorine evaporates out of the water..
I plan on starting LST and nutes on the 2nd week of veg.
I have tiger bloom, grow big, and big bloom or whatever, the 3 FF nutes.. Im using FF ocean forest soil.
Do I use a mixture of big bloom and grow big during veg?

thanks!, and anything else Im missing, I would love to hear suggestions!

i dont know anything about FF products so
couldnt really answer that but id say no. just grow big for veg.
but someone whos got experience with their products can give
you a more definite answer.
IMO. id say forget about leaving the water out to evaporate the
chlorine, go check out my grow journal in my signature, all my plants
are green as can be and i dont do that. although i said in my opinion.
and 5 out or 24? eek thats not good
good luck man

Petco(pet store)... $3.90... APS/AAPC?? tap water conditioner.. it will last me 3-4 crops. say you have a beta and need it for filling the tank when cleaning.

Well the ak x bb and ww x bb didnt sprout.. only 5 out of 24 germinated and then all 5 didnt sprout...

Anyways, I germinated some stinky sweet pea, a local killer strain, and some cave, which I have been told is a snowcap cross. I finished off a couple of cave plants and they were killer.

Also, I added a homebox small, 400mh, 4" fan and 4" carbon filter to the mix for veg..
The flowering chamber in veg mode is on 18 hrs light 6 hours dark. rh is usually about 40% and temp is 71* when dark and 79* when light. The 600mh is about 27" above the soil..
Fox farm ocean forest soil. starting fox farm nutes at 2weeks, along with lst. plan to veg for 6wks. distilled water for now, when I start nutes at 2wks then ill adjust the ph.

I have some lowlife hindu kush vegging, along with a dinafem blue hash and a dinafem cali hash..
On the way is white labels super skunk, white labels double gum, and some more blue hash and cali hash.

Heres stinky sweet pea and caves..
6 days after putting in the soil. took 2 days to sprout, so they have been out of the soil for 4 days..
How are they looking?
IMG_3832.jpg

thanks.

man, the tent has been running fine ever since I put it together and all of the sudden it tripped the breaker..
any ideas?
its only a 600mh, 6" fan, 4" fan, 19" oscillating fan.. i really dont want it to trip again since Im adding a 400mh and a 4" fan to the setup.

i was about to wish you good luck until i read your cats are declawed.

NICE

skallie i wonder what i would be like having no finger or toe nails

i would place the thermometer at the plant level

Latest posts

Back