Normal for 4 weeks and 26 Days? - Special Kush #1 Plant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgtjones12

Reaction score
Is this normal for my plant to be this small on week 4 Day 26?? Its a special Kush #1 Strain by royal queen and the plant does have a smell.

IMG_0925.JPG

IMG_0924.JPG

IMG_0922.JPG

No that is far from normal for a plant that old. You do know that 4 and 26 days is almost 8 months old right? That plant is tiny. It is small even for 26 days let alone 4 weeks and 26 days. What kind of soil are you using and what strain is that plant? You seem to have stunted growth.

I think hes at 26 days, but no it should be bigger I agree with HL.
Again what is that soil?

Hamster Lewis said:
No that is far from normal for a plant that old. You do know that 4 and 26 days is almost 8 months old right? That plant is tiny. It is small even for 26 days let alone 4 weeks and 26 days. What kind of soil are you using and what strain is that plant? You seem to have stunted growth.

No its not 8 months its been only half a month I started september 30

sgtjones12 said:

Yeah, I figured that. And that my friend is your problem. I use a neutral soil with very little nutrients in it. Especially for my seedlings.

Hamster Lewis said:
Yeah, I figured that. And that my friend is your problem. I use a neutral soil with very little nutrients in it. Especially for my seedlings.

alright so i need to change my soil up then... any recommendations?

sgtjones12 said:
alright so i need to change my soil up then... any recommendations?

I use Miracle Grow Seed Starter Mix. It doesn't have any of those time release nutrients. I add some perlite to it and some sweet lime.

Hamster Lewis said:
I use Miracle Grow Seed Starter Mix. It doesn't have any of those time release nutrients. I add some perlite to it and some sweet lime.

Alright so you use Seed starter mix for the entire plant? you just add your own Nutes?

Can I use Jobes House Plant fertilizers, Perltie and the Seed Starter Mix?

Last edited by a moderator:
No you don't want to use those bro...Cannabis needs nutrients that are for it and not house plants. Besides those spikes suck. No way to control the amounts you feed. A lot of us use General Hydroponics 3 part or the 2 part. I use the 3.

Copy this>>>http://www.amazon.com/General-Hydroponics-Flora-Series-FloraBloom/dp/B0024NDVRA/ref=sr_1_1?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1382821323&sr=1-1&keywords=general+hydroponics+nutrients

It's cheaper when you buy it by the Gallon but I don't know what your cash situation is. IIMO it is some of the best nutrients for the money and how easy it is to use. I wouldn't use anything else, but that is my opinion.

And yes I use that same soil mix for the entire grow...from veg to harvest. I find it a lot easier to use a neutral soil and control everything that goes in. Since you are using chemical nutrients and not running an all organic show you will need to make sure your PH is on point. For soil that is 6.3-6.8. I ph everything to 6.5 and use the sweet lime to help stabilize everything. If you don't have a ph meter you will want to get one. Your ph being off enough will have a big time negative impact on your grow and your results. It sucks identifying and battling deficiencies.

Hamster Lewis said:
No you don't want to use those bro...Cannabis needs nutrients that are for it and not house plants. Besides those spikes suck. No way to control the amounts you feed. A lot of us use General Hydroponics 3 part or the 2 part. I use the 3.

Copy this>>>http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0024NDVRA/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

It's cheaper when you buy it by the Gallon but I don't know what your cash situation is. IIMO it is some of the best nutrients for the money and how easy it is to use. I wouldn't use anything else, but that is my opinion.

And yes I use that same soil mix for the entire grow...from veg to harvest. I find it a lot easier to use a neutral soil and control everything that goes in. Since you are using chemical nutrients and not running an all organic show you will need to make sure your PH is on point. For soil that is 6.3-6.8. I ph everything to 6.5 and use the sweet lime to help stabilize everything. If you don't have a ph meter you will want to get one. Your ph being off enough will have a big time negative impact on your grow and your results. It sucks identifying and battling deficiencies.

Alright so I use seed starter soil, buy a PH meter and I found this http://www.amazon.com/General-Hydroponics-FloraGro-Fertilizer-1-Quart/dp/B000BT3UAM/ref=sr_1_11?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1382821741&sr=1-11&keywords=general+hydroponics+nutrients

sgtjones12 said:

You need all three. Not just the Grow. You need Micro and Bloom as well. Then depending on wether you are in veg or flower you mix the three together in water in differnt amounts. In veg it's 3-2-1, G-M-B. In flower it's 1-2-3, G-M-B. Seedlings it's 1-1-1 I believe. I feed full strength as soon as I feed but I usually dilute it with more water if the plants are nutrient sensitive, as some strains are. That link I posted is for all 3.

Hamster Lewis said:
You need all three. Not just the Grow. You need Micro and Bloom as well. Then depending on wether you are in veg or flower you mix the three together in water in differnt amounts. In veg it's 3-2-1, G-M-B. In flower it's 1-2-3, G-M-B. Seedlings it's 1-1-1 I believe. I feed full strength as soon as I feed but I usually dilute it with more water if the plants are nutrient sensitive, as some strains are. That link I posted is for all 3.

Alright I will get all 3 and The PH testing

Oh and those ph strips suck, you need a meter. I know it sounds like I am just costing you more and more cash but believe me, I have been there and cheaped out and found that there are certain things you can't skimp on. A PH meter is one. I used the strips when I first started and nothing but ph problems.

Try here>>>http://www.eseasongear.com/phtesting.html

It's where I buy all my meters. Good prices, good product and fast service.

Hamster Lewis said:
Oh and those ph strips suck, you need a meter. I know it sounds like I am just costing you more and more cash but believe me, I have been there and cheaped out and found that there are certain things you can't skimp on. A PH meter is one. I used the strips when I first started and nothing but ph problems.

Try here>>>http://www.eseasongear.com/phtesting.html

It's where I buy all my meters. Good prices, good product and fast service.

Nah its ok bro I just want the best for my marijuana plant

sgtjones12 said:
Nah its ok bro I just want the best for my marijuana plant

Just wanted to make sure you knew this takes some cash to get started. It will more than pay it back to you once you are cranking out the Dank and you are not paying someone else for their shitty smoke. I bought a probe meter with the replaceable probe. I have bought one replacement probe in the 2+ years I have had it so it has been well worth the little bit of extra money up front. The replacemt probes cost about what a cheaper pen meter would cost. Your choice. My first two meters were pen meters.

Some peeps think that Cannabis is just a weed and and it's easy and cheap to grow. It is easy to grow once you get the basics down and stick to a routine, but it's not cheap at first. Things i do to keep my costs down since I only grow for my wife and I is:

I only buy the cheap HPS bulbs from 1000bulbs.com. You can get caught up what's the best bulb hype and spend a fortune but for me it's buy cheaper and replace more often.
Next thing I do, but I am not recommending, is I don't grow in anything bigger than 1 gallon pots. The Seed Starter Mix I use can only be gotten in small bags and costs like 4.50 a bag. I add perlite and sweet lime as well so it can get expensive to make a bunch or soil. If I could get soil in bulk cheaper things might be different.
I buy my nutrients by the gallon. GH 3 part is like 29 bucks a gallon for each of the 3 parts.

So I just transplanted my plant and the soil i put it in has perlite and everythign so i hope im good and i jsut got a twin adapter for my two new CFLs

Latest posts

Back