Not Mature Enough?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JogaBonito521

Reaction score
So I'm doing a relatively small grow where I vegged for a week and switched into 12/12 light cycle. Its been 12 days since and there isn't a sign of sex. Are my plants just simply not mature enough? Should I have vegged for longer? and should I switch back to a 24 hour light cycle? Thanks.
:confused:

JogaBonito521 said:
So I'm doing a relatively small grow where I vegged for a week and switched into 12/12 light cycle. Its been 12 days since and there isn't a sign of sex. Are my plants just simply not mature enough? Should I have vegged for longer? and should I switch back to a 24 hour light cycle? Thanks.

from wat i've read on here thruout the months an wat i've lerned an know etc.. i'd say that you shoulda definately vegged longer than one week. maybe at least a month.
corrct me if i'm wrong anyone.
also switchin them back on 24 from 12/12 again i'm thinkin would risk alot of stress which could result in males or herms IMO
anyone else have anythin to add?

post a pic so we can see how big they are maybe.

Yeah, if you started from seed 1 week is def to soon to flower. If you started with a clone 1 week would be sufficient. By the way joga pics are the best way to get help. good luck

you can switch back to veg without much stress if any.how tall are the plants.i put 1 plant into flower at 12 inches and it got over 3 ft tall.just depends on the strain.i will put all mine,from now on into flower at 12 in.works for me and my area.and these i just put into flower are 5-6 weeks old.

when growing from seed a good rule of thumb is to wait until the internodes are growing alternate branches. then flower. alternate branches are a sign of sexual maturity.

JogaBonito521 said:
\
Dont switch back! your plant will be fine. It will just take longer to start showing sex.

Switching back will only stress the plant.

There is a cat that pisses around here once and a while that goes by runbyhemp. He grows 12/12 from seed routinely and even sold me on the method by giving me some pretty serious 'pros'. The only reason I'm not doing these that way is because I wanna produce a handful of seeds for future grows.

Here's plant #1.

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

...and plant #2. This is also my first grow by the way, so if anyone sees anything bad about my plants please feel free to let me know. Also, I don't have a camera so I had to take these with the crappy webcam on top of my laptop.

Picture 005.jpg

Picture 006.jpg

Ugh, one of them showed sex today and was a male. Had to give him the chop.

tokemon said:
There is a cat that pisses around here once and a while that goes by runbyhemp. He grows 12/12 from seed routinely and even sold me on the method by giving me some pretty serious 'pros'. The only reason I'm not doing these that way is because I wanna produce a handful of seeds for future grows.

not sure whats up between you and RBH but that aside ive done a 12/12 seed and also did seeding at the same time pulled about 60 good looking seeds form pollinating 3 nodes of the plant and none of them were the top ;)

Latest posts

Back