NTSB ban on all electronic devices in vehicles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone I know lost her husband in an accident. He lost control of his car and died on impact. A few days later she learned he was texting a friend at the time of the accident and now has no husband, her young son has no father. :(

I've texted while driving before so I'm guilty too. What happened to Kristen was a huge reality check. If its that important to send a text, I'll pull over.

When I read about this ban it gave reference to a flight where both pilots were on their laptops and went 100 miles past where their destination was and had to turn around and get back on course. PILOTS!!!!!

Having said all that, I think a complete ban of these devices is extreme. I believe that hands free cell use should be ok, ESP since they said navigation devices won't be affected. Gps can be just as distracting, IMO.

Too bad they won't ban driving with screaming toddlers.. :p

GPS units are bad, being a cacher, I can't tell you how many times I've been distracted by the thing beeping and me trying to see what turn it wants me to make. Programming one while driving....YIKES!!!

Too bad they won't ban driving with screaming toddlers..
:rofl:.... or women/wives!...:ignore: :ignore: :ignore:

hxxp://www.causes.com/causes/639835-connect-for-good/actions/1475122?causes_ref=email&template=bulletin_mailer%2Fposting&utm_campaign=MS&utm_medium=email&utm_source=bulletin

Look at your last text message. Would it be worth dying over? Take the pledge to not text while driving and AT&T will donate $2 (up to $60,000) to the National Organizations for Youth Safety, to continue their effective community-based programs to teach teens to be safer drivers.

Hey, you can break the pledge (if you must), but the teens will still benefit!!

Thank you, 'Rockin.
By taking the pledge, you raised $2 for NOYS and joined 4,385 people taking action!

was a simple, single click action and done, and it helps the youth...as well as ALL drivers!

These things should be common sense! If something is happening that is going to take my attention off the road I pull over. If I want to call my wife on my drive home, I do so. I have the where withall to safely do both. I have never and WILL NEVER get in an accident caused by having a conversation and my hand to my ear.
Making laws to coddle idiots is ridiculous! If someone cant carry on a conversation AND drive, paying attention to the road, (I SCREAM THIS EVERY DAY COMMUTING BY THE WAY!!!) THEY SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO DRIVE!!!!!!!
Making detailed, ** laws for everyone is **. Drivers are responsible for 1000's of pounds of metal moving down the road. If they get distracted that easily, and drive stupidly, LIKE I SEE DAILY, they should have their licenses revoked. ENFORCE laws, don't make new ones for everyone, just to allow idiots to keep a privlige. They can take the bus! Ughghh, sorry, end rant....

I hear ya Ston, I do, but it's just not working, as is obvious by your very rant (which, btw, is very similar to my daily rant LOL). My thought, the law is made more for show than to make another law. Not that they won't enforce it, they are already and will even more to show that this type of behavior is unaccepted. It's clear that many think it is accepted. And Ston, you say you never will (accident/phone use)...lets hope that's true, I'd hate to have something happen that'd make you regretful for the rest of your life (or your loved ones)! But, keep in mind, it doesn't have to be you making the mistake, maybe you'll need to make a life or death reaction, there's a lot of possibilities! Truly, you don't even have to be in a vehicle, pedestrians and bicyclists are at danger as well.

I appreciate both sides, I don't like having laws made needlessly either since it sets us up for worse things down the road. Well, some of us may not make it down the road without some kind of intervention. IDK, maybe they shoulda just did a "click it" type campaign, but...

Roddy, we're kinda on the same page. Just different opinions of solutions. Making a new law is nothing without enforcing it. Why not enforce what is already in place? Why not pull over the person who is swerving in and out of lanes, via cell phone use putting on makeup digging through their purse looking at directions etc??? What benefit is it to ticket "me", making a phone call driving completely safely, to other drivers while tons of idiots that have no business driving are ok?
Personally, I think the drivers license test should be more detailed, along with non driving, "intelligence" tests.
Making a law for use of electronics is in the works. What's next? Cant drink coffee while drive law. Cant put on lipstick while driving law.
We don't need all this detailed list laws! ENFORCE laws now! Drive like an idiot you get sited! Kick those points up and get your license suspended. That's in place! JUST ENFORCE IT!!!

Truly, we will likely never know, Ston. We can't be privy to the help this law may give law enforcement, bettering their ability to do stop this (cell phone records may now be easier to access after accidents or crimes, for example). But I'm guessing, as much as the fat cats in the big houses like to make laws, they probably had some reasons. I'm also guessing there are things covered that just weren't ever even thought of when reckless driving laws were made!

Personally, if it stops people from driving and using a phone, AWESOME!!! Hey, if it even just brings it to some people's attention (I'm sure there are many out there blissfully ignorant of the law and/or the dangers)...THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! It could be my life or a loved one's life we're talking about!

I don't own a cell phone, haven't since Nextel's beep beep phones! :rofl: Life is so sweet not being a slave to those things...for me!

Rosebud said:
You drive with a lot of screaming women do you hick?

thats why they invented drivers side only air bags i thought!:eek:

Budders Keeper said:
What would we do without the Government protecting us all. The gene pool USED to have a way to clean itself out.

True, but I don't want to get caught in the collateral chlorine splash.:holysheep:

Wet

I guess putting on make up and eating in vehicles is still ok.

road rage kills people everyday...

Latest posts

Back