Nursing Clones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blondeboy

Reaction score
I’m in the process of cloning, which isn’t my strongest suit. How long after topping from its' host, should I nurse the clones before transplanting them outdoors in full sunlight? What kinds of signs would show up, when it's time for them to undergo this process?

:icon_smile:

I know you have to harden them off slowly to actual sunlight. I am not an OD'er but that';s what I'd do. Yes, make sure the clones are vital and robust (mayhaps around 1' to 11/2' to be sure they are strong enough) before introducing them to OD environs.

Again I'm not an OD'er here, there's plenty of pro's here that do, but at the very least I'd do that.

try googling "hardening off cannabis clones" or some sort of permutation on that search query if no one else chimes in by I know they will ;)

:peace:

7ge:)

blondeboy said:
I’m in the process of cloning, which isn’t my strongest suit. How long after topping from its' host, should I nurse the clones before transplanting them outdoors in full sunlight? What kinds of signs would show up, when it's time for them to undergo this process?

:icon_smile:

"I" would suggest 'well rooted' and well established new growth before I would even start to 'harden them off to the OD.
Hardening off is just a term for gradually allowing them time to beone accustomed to the outdoor elements. At first, only an hour or so in direct sunlight, then gradually extend that time as they get tougher and become use to it.
I've had pretty good luck useing 'mottled' shade or shady side of the house to leave them for longer periods.
signs/symptoms of over exposure are wilting

Thanks, I get really paranoid growing them indoors. They are looking real good so far Indoors. The sun and the drought has been a big issue this year. I'll probably wait a couple of days BF introducing them to OD sunlight. Perhaps, I'll wait until they are about a foot high BF transplanting them OD.

yeah be sure they are well in growth and then I place mine in a shady spot for the first few days then into sun they go

I want to try my luck at cloning too. I would just do the same as i did with some banana plants. Have them outside but only in the shade for a few days and then in direct sunlight for a couple hours for about 5 days and then in their permanent home with plenty of sunlight.

Latest posts

Back