Obama & Marijuana laws, we can help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The New Girl

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Browsing the sites per usual and Normal has some great ideas, the main one is this info you can send to Obama's web site where it asks the American people about changes needed in this country. It's time we speak to our new President Elect and share our views and hope that he hears us. This is a great window of opportunity for us and if enough of us write maybe some change will happen.

I copied and pasted this (below) and sent it to Obama's site here:
hxxp://change.gov/page/s/ofthepeople

1. President Obama must uphold his campaign promise to cease the federal arrest and prosecution of (state) law-abiding medical cannabis patients and dispensaries by appointing leaders at the US Drug Enforcement Administration, the US Department of Justice, and the US Attorney General’s office who will respect the will of the voters in the thirteen states that have legalized the physician-supervised use of medicinal marijuana.
2. President Obama should use the power of the bully pulpit to reframe the drug policy debate from one of criminal policy to one of public health. Obama can stimulate this change by appointing directors to the Office of National Drug Control Policy who possess professional backgrounds in public health, addiction, and treatment rather than in law enforcement.
3. President Obama should follow up on statements he made earlier in his career in favor of the decriminalization of marijuana by adults by calling for the creation of a bi-partisan Presidential Commission to review the budgetary, social, and health costs associated with federal marijuana prohibition, and to make progressive recommendations for future policy changes.
On Election Day, voters in Massachusetts, Michigan, and throughout the country gave President Elect Obama and the incoming Congress a mandate to end the Bush drug war doctrine. Now let’s get down to business to assure that our message is implemented.

I just did so...good idea, bud! I also added this before..."I, as a proud patriotic, tax-paying American, believe that state by state all the way to Federal level, there could be a legalized taxation on cannabis. There is such an untapped avenue of revenue that is being punished instead of utilized. The anti-marijuana laws are OUT OF DATE and no longer represents the concensus of Americans' outlook on soft drugs vs. hard drug useage as well as punishment. Here are a few other of my concerns/views that I believe would behoove President-Elect Obama to address in one form or the other." 1. President Obama must uphold his campaign promise to cease the federal arrest and prosecution of (state) law-abiding medical cannabis patients and dispensaries by appointing leaders at the US Drug Enforcement Administration, the US Department of Justice, and the US Attorney General’s office who will respect the will of the voters in the thirteen states that have legalized the physician-supervised use of medicinal marijuana.2. President Obama should use the power of the bully pulpit to reframe the drug policy debate from one of criminal policy to one of public health. Obama can stimulate this change by appointing directors to the Office of National Drug Control Policy who possess professional backgrounds in public health, addiction, and treatment rather than in law enforcement.3. President Obama should follow up on statements he made earlier in his career in favor of the decriminalization of marijuana by adults by calling for the creation of a bi-partisan Presidential Commission to review the budgetary, social, and health costs associated with federal marijuana prohibition, and to make progressive recommendations for future policy changes.On Election Day, voters in Massachusetts, Michigan, and throughout the country gave President Elect Obama and the incoming Congress a mandate to end the Bush drug war doctrine. Now let’s get down to business to assure that our message is implemented.

I have vary little faith in obama, I think he is just going for the popular answers in his campaign. What he said in 2004 and what he is saying now are two different things.
http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=7462
Ive wrote my congress and city officials many times, Norml has pre written letters you can send to yours too if you want.
Ron Paul is what we needed if we really expected anything to happen in the near future. But that is just my two cents I hope I didn't offend anybody.
"Im still gonna write obama too though"

He MAY and i mean MAY slow down the fed raids, but other than that hes not gonna do jacksquat about legalization...:)

You all are going about it wrong!

President Elect Obama,

I have discovered a plant that can be grown virtually any where, requires little to no fertilizer, can be planted around the edges of farmers fields to control the leaching of fertilizer into the environment helping to reduce the dead zone in the gulf. It's seeds which it can produce thousands of pounds per acre can be crushed and used as bio-diesel. Due to its dense growth no weed killer is needed because it chokes out the competition and doesn't require harsh pesticides because most insects and animals do not like to eat it. Fibers from the plant can replace cotton(the most chemically involved plant grown in the USA) in all its uses, further reducing the need for pesticides and fertilizer usage in the USA. The remaining parts or husk of the plant can be used to make pulp for paper and is produced in 4 times the quantity per acre than trees. The pulp produced by this plant also can be bleached with hydrogen peroxide instead of chlorine so no dioxins are produced when it is used to make paper. Encouraging growth and full usage of this plant would create many jobs in the production and processing of it as well as in the manufacturing of new equipment needed.

It will help clean up the environment by reducing the use of harsh chemicals and destruction of forests, produce millions of gallons of bio-diesel each year and help the economy through creating jobs and keeping some of our fuel dollars spent on local grown renewable fuel.

All that is required is an Executive Order legalizing the growth and use of Cannabis.

We took a huge step forward.Well the blue states did anyway.Obama will most likely take out federal interference and leave laws up to individual states.So some of you peeps might want to consider packing.:p

Rogue said:
You all are going about it wrong!

President Elect Obama,

I have discovered a plant that can be grown virtually any where, requires little to no fertilizer, can be planted around the edges of farmers fields to control the leaching of fertilizer into the environment helping to reduce the dead zone in the gulf. It's seeds which it can produce thousands of pounds per acre can be crushed and used as bio-diesel. Due to its dense growth no weed killer is needed because it chokes out the competition and doesn't require harsh pesticides because most insects and animals do not like to eat it. Fibers from the plant can replace cotton(the most chemically involved plant grown in the USA) in all its uses, further reducing the need for pesticides and and fertilizer usage in the USA. The remaining parts or husk of the plant can be used to make pulp for paper and is produced in 4 times the quantity per acre than trees. The pulp produced by this plant also can be bleached with hydrogen peroxide instead of chlorine so no dioxins are produced when it is used to make paper. Encouraging growth and full usage of this plant would create many jobs in the production and processing of it as well as in the manufacturing of new equipment needed.

It will clean help clean up the environment by reducing the use of harsh chemicals and destruction of forests, produce millions of gallons of bio-diesel each year and help the economy through creating jobs and keeping some of our fuel dollars spent on local grown renewable fuel.

All that is required is an Executive Order legalizing the growth and use of Cannabis.
was that your own words? if so nicely put you should sent that to norml and see if they will rewrite there pre written letters that people send to congress and city officials.

Yes those are my own words. Just something I typed up quickly. If you would like to submit it to NORML you are more than welcome to. I sent a slightly cleaned up version to Obama through the change.gov website.

Rogue said:
Yes those are my own words. Just something I typed up quickly. If you would like to submit it to NORML you are more than welcome to. I sent a slightly cleaned up version to Obama through the change.gov website.
well you have a way with words you should keep writing and post it in as many places as you can I'm thinking about printing that and posting it on phone poles and pegboards in stores if you don't mind.

homegrown998 said:
well you have a way with words you should keep writing and post it in as many places as you can I'm thinking about printing that and posting it on phone poles and pegboards in stores if you don't mind.

You are to kind. Feel free to post it or print it where ever.

well it would deffinatly be great if he did legalize it. but if he dont and instead leaves it up to the states individual laws im moving my *** to one of those states lol.

(takin a deep breath...sigh) here I go.....

government is so dammn selfish people I ever seen...of course polices also!! yes YOU polices.. no wonder some of ya got shot and the rest of leo has to pretend that you died on the force for a good reasons.. godaamnit man..

if I was a president of USA... I would just nuke that AFG and keep all my soldiers in US... sending the army out there is not going to solve anything.. so NUKE that AFG will do!!.. man.. government is trying find some excuses.. I"m sorry I got million excuses in my book already.. I don't wanna hear it no more..

man... just let sit down here.. you all government sit the damm down! you too polices.... (sigh) just take a closer look here.. why hurt this plant? why burn it? why ? why ? what for? (nod the head) that is stupid....now git ya'll butt back to work and change the law already...before I change my mind.. (fartin) man I'm pissed..

Latest posts

Back