odd leafs... sick? issues?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbomun

Reaction score
these leafs just dont look right. the 1st set of leafs had a bit nute burn, the new growth since has been looking funky. i describe them as wrinkled. what do you guys think? is there a definency going on? should i be worried? Please let me know what you guys think. And what steps you recommend i follow. Thank you. If im missing any information you may need please LMK and i will get back to you asap.

strain - Super Critical Haze from seed.
soil - FFoF, mixed with miracle grow seed starter mix.
nutes - none added yet
age - 2wks old tomorrow.
tent - 3x3x6 secret jardin
light - 105w CFL about 1.5-2 inches from top
temps - lights on high of 82 , lights off low of 73.
humidity - high of 43% to low of 38%

tbom.jpg

tbom1.jpg

....could simply be genetics tb'... blueberry is infamous for twisted/deformed leaves early on. OR.. it could be ph slightly out, or heat...:confused2:.. "temps - high 82"... is that the ambient temp?..or the temp directly under the light at plant level?
I would suggest a bigger pot ASAP and vigilance... for now.

I was thinking bigger pots as well. They grow roots much faster than the upper growth as that is the support system needed for upper growth. They may be getting root bound which can cause the ph and or nute uptake to get screwy. They almost look a little iron deficient but that could be from the root bound issue.

@hick - temps are from under light at plant level. the thermometer is sitting next to the cup under light. ill keep an eye on her, thank you. one more thing thanks for the info, didnt know this strain had blueberry genetics. nice too know. thanks!

@hush - would it get root bound in just 2 wks? i have a 15gal fabric pot she will go into next. should i just transplant her then? after the transplant she will be under a 400w Ceramic MH bulb. also my first scrog attempt.

Edit: forgot i had a question. how much water would a 15gal pot need per feeding? nvr used such a large pot before. i tried to pop few seeds and planned to scrog them in 5gal pots. but NONE popped cept this Super Critical Haze(green house seeds) so i thought id try to get larger pot and shoot for a really large single plant scrogged.

Sorry to not get back sooner. I wouldn't think that they would get root bound in two weeks but from my angle the pot looks to be pretty small and the plant seems to be growing rapidly. But pretty unlikely to be rootbound, I missed the two weeks old before. Hick is probably right about it being genetic related.

You can certainly transplant her now if you want. I am not a soil guy so I am unsure of the watering question. I would say about .5gal very slowly added to allow it to soak in around the young plant for the first couple weeks then up it to 1gal. It also depends on your soil mix. make sure you get some vermiculite to mix into your soil before transplanting as this will help it grow good.

On a separate note...The next time you want to pop some seeds get 2paper towels and a 1gal or .5gal freezer bag. fold the towels so that they will fit in the bag, gently spread out your seeds on the inner layer of the folded paper towels so that they aren't too close to each other.

Get a cup of water that is exactly 80 degrees farhenheight, gently pour the water over the towels to soak them(I lay mine in a dinner plate to do all this so the water doesn't go everywhere). When the towels are soaked through and clinging to the seeds, put the whole thing carefully into the ziplock bag and zip closed with very little air trapped inside.

Find a nice dark and relatively warm place to set the bag, laying flat on its side. leave it undisturbed for 48hrs before checking. Mine popped and were plantable within 48hrs but some may take a little longer. It may take as much as 5 days for them to pop good enough to be set in soil.

I hope this helps you. Green grow mojo for your little one :)

Hi tbomun. The thing with soil is to water thoroughly and completely till it runs out the bottom of the pot a little, that's what saucers are for. Then allow it dry before you water again. If it gets so dry that the plant wilts a tiny bit, that is ok. It is better then over watering. Green Mojo to you...

thanks for the replys fellas. much appreciated! well i transplanted her directly into the 15gal pot from her solo cup monday night. the roots were visible thru the bottom of cup(it was clear wrapped in blk tape). i mixed FFoF soil with some perlite, and the remaining seed starting mix i had. i soaked the pot a day prior,sunday night, to transplant with ph'd (6.3-6.5).

thanks for the watering advice. i need to find a saucer large enough for 15gallon pot lol. i might have to diy something with a shower curtain to keep the runoff corralled.

check the walmart or home improvement stores for the wide, shallow plastic totes that are used for storage. Those work great. :)

Latest posts

Back