Odd Smell...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tankdogster

Reaction score
I'm vegging a few clones of super skunk and I am starting to smell a "cat pee" scent at week three. Is this normal for that strain or is there something else at play here? No mold and a well ventilated veg room that I used before on my first batch with no strange smells. I am a big "clean room is a better room" kind of grower but I can't explain this smell. Also, no cat in the room.

The smell situation that you are in is much better than having a skunk that smells exactly like a Cannabis plant, at least your neighbours won't suspect.

ive also noticed if you're growing organically & using bone meal it will give off an ammonia smell, but there are strains out there that smell like piss, one of them is actually called "cat piss":eek:

Thanks for the info all. I'll keep an eye on the soil moisture. The smell is getting stronger every day. These girls look great. I can't wait to flower these girls.:hubba:

202 001 copy.jpg

I would also check for root rot just to be sure. It happens to clones more then anything because high moisture levels, just saying mein, good luck

Blunted said:
I would also check for root rot just to be sure. It happens to clones more then anything because high moisture levels, just saying mein, good luck
I transplanted this weekend and found allot of white roots every where. These were put in one gallon pots two weeks ago and they had roots from the bottom to the top and all sides. they are in 5 gallon pots today and they look and smell great. I did cut back on the watering and the cat pee smell is almost gone replaced by the skunk smell.

Sounds great man gl on to your harvest. Since I grow in the basement I generally smell cat piss on the way to my grow room because where we have the litter boxes lol. But I'm harvesting tomarrow and they sure dont smell like cat piss! I gotta get my friends digi and I'll throw some pics up

your just smellin the skunk,i love that skunky cat piss smell,it might sound nasty but thats what good danks smell like.

Latest posts

Back