Og

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PotSmokinSaint

P.P.H.S. Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to know what's its genetic make up? When did this strain get its start?

its a decedent of the chemdawg91'..and the chemdawg4 was the keeper........some went east.renamed and breed..ie sour diesel..some say.and then to the west in mendicino by the ocean..ie OG=Ocean Grown!

hope this helps

That's funny...^

I don't live anywhere near the ocean ;)
:rofl:

Thanks for the seedfinder info, that was fun to check out my new buku.

the sad thing is, there is absolutely NO regulators, nor ANYONE to check the facts, nor ANY WAY to check the facts.
Anyone, anywhere, can "claim" anything, about ANY strain.
And as is often true, the "breeders" are secretive about precise lineages and practices. Why? To protect their own interests against knockoff pollen chuckers, or to enhance the perception of their product(s).
Probably why names, lineages, strains are always a controversial conversation.

That's the funny thing about it. I had both and they both have their own characteristics. Would you think a regions water would play a part in how potent a plant would come out?

my sis lives soweast with well water at 6.2 ph and my well water up here is 7.5 ph and we see no difference with the exact same clones of w.w. grown outdoors and with same nutes

Hick said:
the sad thing is, there is absolutely NO regulators, nor ANYONE to check the facts, nor ANY WAY to check the facts.
Anyone, anywhere, can "claim" anything, about ANY strain.
And as is often true, the "breeders" are secretive about precise lineages and practices. Why? To protect their own interests against knockoff pollen chuckers, or to enhance the perception of their product(s).
Probably why names, lineages, strains are always a controversial conversation.

And more and more (strains) keep coming out....it's all sooooo :confused2:

PotSmokinSaint said:
That's the funny thing about it. I had both and they both have their own characteristics. Would you think a regions water would play a part in how potent a plant would come out?

"water"..:confused2:.. but.. environmental factors can certainly influence characteristics, to some extent. Additionally, phenotypical variation in seed stock could be a contributing factor.
The "only" way to have certainty of growing identical plants repeatedly, is through clones from a single source.

The "only" way to have certainty of growing identical plants repeatedly, is through clones from a single source.

:yeahthat: ...too many factors yep yep

OG and Sour and basically very close cousins... or something closer than close cousins, that they only have a name for in hick towns.. ;) I'm digging the idea that both East Coast and West Coast are obsessed with herb that is so similar. I had a friend that was regularly getting Sour D from me and eventually I ran out but still had some Og Kush -- he didn't notice the difference. Or maybe he just didn't care. :)

I agree 100% hick and 4u the clones were from the same mom and yes different weather altogether and environment.
Thanks

That's awesome. How is it I use to see clone only strains before and now I'm seeing seeds for those plants?

PotSmokinSaint said:
That's awesome. How is it I use to see clone only strains before and now I'm seeing seeds for those plants?

spontanious males and forced hermies, along with people just falsely naming.

Latest posts

Back