oh canada!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruffy

i love mj!
Reaction score
a sad day here in canada, , manditory minimum sentening for smal amounts of bud. a joint = jail.

amazin innit?
so saw this coming. my quote "you watch, he's held in contempt, and now he's gonna get himself a majority"
:(
man, i hate it when i'm right.

pretty sweet though; held in contempt, then only gets about 40% of canadians support.. but still get's a majority :doh: *and we think america's system is flawed?

i've never felt more uneasy going forward as i do now, as everything i am for, they're against, and vice-versa :(

they did good, i'll give them that.. twisted the sheep minds into fearing the yankee ignatief (which was bogus).. and letting the theif creep in the back window :(

Dang!! I always thought Canada was so progressive...

yep pretty sad. our only hope is Matt Mernaugh and his case thats being appealed. if the appeal fails the medical laws will change. if the appeal goes through matt will have to go to the supreme court. his case is tight like a tiger and we have the consitution on our side. but this only applys to ppl with medical reasons. HIEL HARPER!!! I better start practising my goose stepping....

once the law go through, If your dealing you better stop. 1-5 plants=slap on the rist, 6-200=hard slap on the rist, 6-200 plants plus dealing=6months min, 6-200 dealing and making hash,oil or edibles=9months min, 200-500 even without dealing= 1year, 500+= 1.5years in the cell

heres the law
if the subject matter of the offence is cannabis (marihuana), is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term of not more than 14 years, and to a minimum punishment of

(i) imprisonment for a term of six months if the number of plants produced is less than 201 and more than five, and the production is for the purpose of trafficking,

(ii) imprisonment for a term of nine months if the number of plants produced is less than 201, the production is for the purpose of trafficking and any of the factors set out in subsection (3) apply,

(iii) imprisonment for a term of one year if the number of plants produced is more than 200 and less than 501,

(iv) imprisonment for a term of 18 months if the number of plants produced is more than 200 and less than 501 and any of the factors set out in subsection (3) apply,

(v) imprisonment for a term of two years if the number of plants produced is more than 500, or

(vi) imprisonment for a term of three years if the number of plants produced is more than 500 and any of the factors set out in subsection (3) apply;

imprisonment for a term of six months if the number of plants produced is less than 201 and more than five, and the production is for the purpose of trafficking,

looks like 5 or fewer and don't deal...:confused2: if you wanna stay out of the hoosegow.
Being from a med state, where the limit is 6 plants, and only 3 in flower. I can attest, you 'can' keep yourself in meds and stay within those numbers. But you won't be out peddling your excess.
I understand it may be a step backward for you kanooks, but it "could" be worse. You could have laws like TX or FL.

Is this for ALL provinces??
I haven't heard anything from my "newfie" friends...

no it's not law yet..
see the party that wants to implement mandatory minimums just got full power the other day, that's what spurred this. because now it's just a matter of time.

and doc's info from what i understand, is basically the current system (stay under 200 and you're fairly safe)
because under harpers new bill s-10, anything from 6 - 200 plants is a minimum of 6 months.
-"the minimum penalty is 6 months where the number of plants produced is fewer than 201 and more than 5"

*that's where it's ridiculous IMO, because we all know there's quite a difference from the grower with an 8 plant room, and the one with a 199 plant one.. but not in our governments eyes.

Dr.Autoflower said:
once the law go through, If your dealing you better stop. 1-5 plants=slap on the rist, 6-200=hard slap on the rist, 6-200 plants plus dealing=6months min, 6-200 dealing and making hash,oil or edibles=9months min, 200-500 even without dealing= 1year, 500+= 1.5years in the cell

heres the law
if the subject matter of the offence is cannabis (marihuana), is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term of not more than 14 years, and to a minimum punishment of

(i) imprisonment for a term of six months if the number of plants produced is less than 201 and more than five, and the production is for the purpose of trafficking,

(ii) imprisonment for a term of nine months if the number of plants produced is less than 201, the production is for the purpose of trafficking and any of the factors set out in subsection (3) apply,

(iii) imprisonment for a term of one year if the number of plants produced is more than 200 and less than 501,

(iv) imprisonment for a term of 18 months if the number of plants produced is more than 200 and less than 501 and any of the factors set out in subsection (3) apply,

(v) imprisonment for a term of two years if the number of plants produced is more than 500, or

(vi) imprisonment for a term of three years if the number of plants produced is more than 500 and any of the factors set out in subsection (3) apply;

Just curious where you got this info, i have heard about the 200 plant thing but not the trafficing part, if your info is correct, and i hope it is, doesnt it mean 10 plants and and no trafficing and you will only get a slap on the wrist, i wonder what the definition of slap on the wrist is.

EDGY said:
Is this for ALL provinces??
I haven't heard anything from my "newfie" friends...

yes, the bill is federal law, not provincial.

Yep, we really stepped up our game here in FL--went from 20 plants mandatory to 25 plants mandatory. Next thing you know, spitting on the sidewalk and picking your toes might finally become legal here.

Hey, they only let me vote once per election--I'm way out numbered it seems.

Hick said:
I understand it may be a step backward for you kanooks, but it "could" be worse. You could have laws like TX or FL.

Yeah I got a year and license suspended and a huge fine for 7 rolled joints. They'd take my house over six plants.

kaotik said:
no it's not law yet..
see the party that wants to implement mandatory minimums just got full power the other day, that's what spurred this. because now it's just a matter of time.

and doc's info from what i understand, is basically the current system (stay under 200 and you're fairly safe)
because under harpers new bill s-10, anything from 6 - 200 plants is a minimum of 6 months.
-"the minimum penalty is 6 months where the number of plants produced is fewer than 201 and more than 5"

*that's where it's ridiculous IMO, because we all know there's quite a difference from the grower with an 8 plant room, and the one with a 199 plant one.. but not in our governments eyes.

with 6-200 They MUST prove you are dealing in court to give you the 6 month min sentence. But its gonna be a show to watch when it goes through cuz the medical program has been found unconsitustional along with the cannabis laws them self. So really anyone caught with a medical alliby can fight the charge using the CHART RIGHTS defence that Matt Mernaugh won with

dman1234 said:
Just curious where you got this info, i have heard about the 200 plant thing but not the trafficing part, if your info is correct, and i hope it is, doesnt it mean 10 plants and and no trafficing and you will only get a slap on the wrist, i wonder what the definition of slap on the wrist is.
I just looked up the S-10 bill on google, If your a medical user and unable to get a card you could use the chart of rights defence and you should be fine. Its up to the judge in those cases

Thanks, im not a medical user but i dont deal either, my wife is a medical user although she doesnt have a license, she does have extensive medical records that show she is in cronic pain, i will sleep well and take my chances, good luck prooving i deal, because i dont, and with my wifes constant back pain i can just plead that i cannot afford to supply her with street weed,and dont wanna support a criminal so i grow, this may sound silly to ppl living in other countries, but here in Canada, i bet i walk.

thanks for the info.

doc great info! thanks. ya if we stay small, dont talk, dont be bad youll get away with alot. even if you get caught with small, its a fine now. they are soooo back loged in the courts for small petty stuff they are looking at throwing out cases to get caught up. harper is a fool! legalize!!

Ruffy said:
doc great info! thanks. ya if we stay small, dont talk, dont be bad youll get away with alot. even if you get caught with small, its a fine now. they are soooo back loged in the courts for small petty stuff they are looking at throwing out cases to get caught up. harper is a fool! legalize!!

Its a fine NOW, but thats what they are planning on changing.

if these changes go threw they wont be throwing charges out of court due to being "petty stuff" because the new laws wont see them as petty.

Latest posts

Back