Oh No! Did It Go Male?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpikedCola

Reaction score
Went to check on the babies this morning and I noticed what looks like seeds in the top bud! I checked the rest of the plant and dont see anything, and the other plants look fine aswell. What do I do?!? Is it salvageable in any way? Im going out to buy a magnifier today to check the trich's.

The picture titled 'IMG_2224 sized' is a shot of the bud that I think has gone male. ]Here is NOT a higher-res shot. The other uploaded picture is another bud, which looks fine to me (Id just like someone to take a quick peek and double check).

Staff edit.....
PLEASE.. do NOT post embedded links to offsite hosts here.

IMG_2225.jpg

IMG_2224 sized.jpg

I can tell from the thumbnails that it has gone hermie on you. Destroy it ASAP, destroy any seeds that it may have parented.

Harvest cure and Throw the seeds away be sure to crush them first so as they not grow in the landfill

Death to hermies.....but yes cure and smoke that bud...

Spray it with water, remove it, kill it, remove seeds if any present, destroy seeds, dry bud, smoke bud.

Keep a very close eye on your other plants if they are from the same batch of seeds.

:peace:

:bong:

so srry stilll looks good...ows the other plants?

take care and be safe

Hick said:
I can tell from the thumbnails that it has gone hermie on you. Destroy it ASAP, destroy any seeds that it may have parented.

I have grown a strain directly from Afghanistan, I mean the seeds I put in the ground were actually from Afghanistan, and it was a pure Indica, and it tended to be hermaphroditic. But people grow that strain because it is so good!:D Just because it is hermie does not mean it is not good... but of course if you want seedless buds then of course, yank'em.

Sorry about the embedded link; Ive always made an effort to hxxp out the links, I was in a big rush this morning and must have forgot. My apologies!

Anywho, the plant that hermie'd was a clone from an amazing plant, its really unfortunate that it went hermie on me, especially for a first grow. Is there anything I should check, or a common reason why it would have hermie'd?

SpikedCola said:
Sorry about the embedded link; Ive always made an effort to hxxp out the links, I was in a big rush this morning and must have forgot. My apologies!

Anywho, the plant that hermie'd was a clone from an amazing plant, its really unfortunate that it went hermie on me, especially for a first grow. Is there anything I should check, or a common reason why it would have hermie'd?
"Stress".. is the culprit that most often allows the undesirable characteristic to rear it's ugly head... unfortunately, if it is dominate enough with the hermie gene to turn under stress, it 'should' be removed from the gene pool "IMO"
NOTHING good is going to come from further procreation of undesirable characteristics. The hermie gene IS undesirable genetics.

I have grown a strain directly from Afghanistan, I mean the seeds I put in the ground were actually from Afghanistan, and it was a pure Indica, and it tended to be hermaphroditic. But people grow that strain because it is so good!:D Just because it is hermie does not mean it is not good... but of course if you want seedless buds then of course, yank'em.
The REAL, TRUE Breeders that worked diligently for decades to breed the ultra-potent strains that we are privileged enough to have at our ready today, selectively bred AWAY from undesirable traits. They worked for decades, if not centuries, attempting to remove hermies from the gene pool. These are the people that "knew/know" what they are doing. They vastly improved the quality and potency of todays marijuana.
Procreation, re-introducing, selectively useing hermies for future generations is, in my mind, a huge step backwards, and IMO, a slap in the face to the people that worked to eliminate it's propensity.

i agree with hickums on this one...though the smoke is great, there are many many other great strains to be grown without the threat of nanners.

Latest posts

Back