oil extraction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoneybadgerDC

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post here. I have a question.. If I were to use isopropyl aclcohol to extract oil from pot and then simply soak regular ciggerettes in the alcohol and let them dry out would this be safe to smoke?

Everythin in me wants to say no and no matter what yual do with iso alc just make sure yual does it safe and in well vented area with no chance of spark cause yual will loose facial hair ifin ya have some, trust me learnt hard way messin round with it. Some folks here have better ways reckon they be long in while to give yual better ideas and guidance. Hope yur trails end ya well friend ;)

BWD

I took about enough pot for 20 sessions and rinsed it in isoprop. I used enough alcohol to saturate about 15 regular ciggeretes 1/2 way down. The plan was to just let the cigs air dry and allow the alcohol to evaporate off leaving behind the proper dosage of pot.Now I am a little afraid to smoke it.

:eek: WHT:eek: DNT DO IT....sounds no good 2 me..:( ..but if u do good luck with tht..

I used the 70% I did not know until afterward that 99% was available. I am slightly concerned that the alc and tobacco may have some kind of chemical reation but not overly concerned there.

HoneybadgerDC said:
I used the 70% I did not know until afterward that 99% was available. I am slightly concerned that the alc and tobacco may have some kind of chemical reation but not overly concerned there.

When in doubt go without and live to walk other trails pilgrim hope yual stay safe ;)

BWD

Well it has been hot here so I only allowed it to air dry for 3 days. It felt very dry after two but I gave it one more day.

I suffered no adverse side effects, the high was pretty normal and it appears to be cost effective.

The direct bebefits I got were that it was not harsh at all I have a big problem with pot making me cough and this was smooth as silk. It even made the tobacco far less harsh.

My dosing worked out almost exactly as planned even a bit better. I figured 20 doses and it looks like I will have closer to 40.

The high seems slightly different, not as spacy is the best way I can put it but that might be my imagination.

Anyway it worked and I didn't die.

HoneybadgerDC said:
Well it has been hot here so I only allowed it to air dry for 3 days. It felt very dry after two but I gave it one more day.

I suffered no adverse side effects, the high was pretty normal and it appears to be cost effective.

The direct bebefits I got were that it was not harsh at all I have a big problem with pot making me cough and this was smooth as silk. It even made the tobacco far less harsh.

My dosing worked out almost exactly as planned even a bit better. I figured 20 doses and it looks like I will have closer to 40.

The high seems slightly different, not as spacy is the best way I can put it but that might be my imagination.

Anyway it worked and I didn't die.

Well all I can say is like last good pilgrim! Glad yual made way the trail and still walkin it ;)

BWD

I used about 1/4 of an 1/8 oz, so 1/32 of an ounce to about 1 oz alcohol. I pulverized the pot by hand and then sloshed the alc for a few minutes before draining. I just placed the cigs in and let it suck up pretty well saturated.

I just started the experiment today. The first test smoke I just smoked it like a cig without deep inhaling or holding. 1/2 of the cig was left and I just smoked that by inhaling deep and holding the normal way. The high was just like fresh smoked by far more easy on the longs. I have to take about 5 hits to equal 1 hit of the unprocessed which is about what I calculated looking for about 90% extraction from the bud. Tomorrow I will smoke the bud I processed to see what is left in it.

One thing I like about it is that I can simply evaporate off any amount of alcohol I want until I reach a desired concentration. Next time I might make it about 5 times stronger, I really do like the ability to simply dip and dry, I will have very good control over dosing once I fine tune it.

Something was was wondering about hypotheticaly. I always have enjoyed the taste of shake and leaves and sometimes mix it with bud. If someone took say 20# of leaves and washed it with alcohol and then resoaked the entire amount into 1# of leaves and let dry I would think it might produce some kick *** shake.

Latest posts

Back